Alfa Romeo Forums banner

821 - 840 of 886 Posts

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,030 Posts
Thanks Clark,

I did check the fine print on the sides of my Kumho Ecsta XS's and it does say Made in Korea. You had me worried there.
I just checked my Kumho Solus KH25 185/65R15's and they say Made in China. But they are on on the slow Ocra GTV so I am not worried. And I thought all Kumho's were made in Korea.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,365 Posts
I have a set of these wheels and they are a "one-off" production piece. No manufacturer's stampings, no size, offset, nothing. Rough cast backsides, 16" x 8" w/ 32 mm offset. 5 x 98, which would make them exclusively Alfa 6 cylinder fit, and remniscent of the Tipo 33 wheels.

Does anyone have any info about these? Would be much appreciated.

Bob
I believe those were the 16" Campagnolo wheels that a few of the early Callaway GTV/6s came with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That would be amazing. I have a Callaway TT w/some awesome wheels, but if these were produced especially for the Callaway, it would be a real find. Do you know where I could find pics or more validation/info on this?

Thanks JoeCab

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just obtained this set of wheels. The backs are stamped "ALFA" "ESAP" "MADE IN ITALY" The size is 6[14; bolt pattern 4x108.

I searched Compagnolos, Cromodoras, BWAs, Ronals... Nothing came up.

Thank you.
I also have a set of 4 MONTECARLO with center caps.
This ESAP wheels are very rare.

Example:

I like also very much the GOTTI MONOBLOC wheels.
It suit very well to giulia GT and GTV (4x108). Also exist for alfetta GTV (4x98)

Example:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Jarod, you have a great collection of very nice and rare wheels.

I ended up selling my ESAPs (I love their finished look on the Spider). They were not as good condition as yours but still very restorable and not for a lot of $$. Believe it or not I had a tough time finding a buyer, and the day I decided to take them off the market and send them to wheel repair place, the buyer found me. They will be going on his restored GTV. His car is white and the finished in black ESAPs will give it a nice contrast and staying with the times, while being period correct.

I still have a set of Momo Vegas which are my favorite and just acquired a set of the "real" Cromodora Daytonas.

Thank you for the great pictures.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I believe Stilauto bought out ESAP back in the 70's. Cool wheels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In the remote chance of someone saying I have some super rare wheels, here's a pic of the ones installed in a GT 1600 Junior I'm converting to LPG and use as a daily driver:

They are in bad shape and will need a lot of work to become decent. If they are some ordinary after market stuff as I believe they are, going to save for some GTA's.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Millia Miglias are the best

This thread is amazing, but not for the reasons you think.

It is amazing that more people do not think that the 14 x 6 Milia Miglia are the nicest looking wheels in combination with a GTV. IMHO.

In this case on a 1971 USA Spec 1750 GTV. Tires are 205-60-14 Yokohama 008R. Picture from 1990.

Regards

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Ken, I copied your post #833 into "What Wheels Suit a 105???" in the GT forum. It has a poll in the thread to vote for your favorite rims. GTA & Minilites are the ABB favorites. I think that thread should be stickied so it stays at the top.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,030 Posts
Campy Americas

I like Randy's suggestion way above for "Campy" Americas: light, period, pretty and rare. On a Giulia here where the offset is too high to clear the rear fender with 185's, but they will be on my GTV soon. B

Attachments

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Montreal gotta new look

I thought that I posted these wheels earlier but after going through all 55 pages, I could not find them...:surprise:

Montreal RBM-1.jpg

Mark

821 - 840 of 886 Posts