801 - 820 of 886 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,390 Posts
Yes I am! Looks absolutely beautiful.

·
Registered
572 Posts
It was just an example. Unfortunately one rim only.
Thanks for translating....very nice looking wheel!

....and on the subject of wheels, I have become somewhat obssessed, now collecting many styles (that I am fond of). Not even sure how many different ones I have as I don't have them all in one location. As soon as I get everything in one place, I will share with photos the wide array of rare and cool 4x108 wheel sets.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
15 x 7 Panasports with 205/50/15 Kumho Ecsta XS's

After a bunch of research I picked the Kumho's XS's because of their dry grip and the price vs others that had better wet traction but were quite a bit more. Don't really care about wet traction since the car never goes out in the rain.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Nice car. Nice rims. Careful on the tires...
I had a set of Kuhmo Solus that had tread separation occurring.
TireRack ended up buying them back.
Beware of "Made in China" tires...
I thought I was safe buying Korean tires, but they were actually manufactured in China.
"Tutto cose fabrica en Chine!"

If yours are made in Korea, you're probably fine. Just check the microscopic print on the tires.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
What are these wheels?

Just obtained this set of wheels. The backs are stamped "ALFA" "ESAP" "MADE IN ITALY" The size is 6[14; bolt pattern 4x108.

I searched Compagnolos, Cromodoras, BWAs, Ronals... Nothing came up.

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,013 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Must be a lesser known (or no longer in existence) wheel manufacturing company.

http://www.volkswagen-k70.be/wheels.htm
it appears that these are ESAP Monte Carlo wheels. italian company that was building Formula 1 wheels before being acquired by speedline in 1975... so these must be from 1975 or before... speedline continued on the tradition in building competition wheels. now, need to decide whether to restore these or vegas first.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone know anything about these wheels?

I have a set of these wheels and they are a "one-off" production piece. No manufacturer's stampings, no size, offset, nothing. Rough cast backsides, 16" x 8" w/ 32 mm offset. 5 x 98, which would make them exclusively Alfa 6 cylinder fit, and remniscent of the Tipo 33 wheels.

Does anyone have any info about these? Would be much appreciated.

Bob

Attachments

801 - 820 of 886 Posts