Registered
225 Posts
These are 14"x6" Panasport wheels used on the car in daily driver/touring form
IMG_8093-1.JPG
Huntington Library, San Marino, Ca.
IMG_2942-1.JPG
Angeles Crest Highway on reopening day.
IMG_8085-1.JPG
The centers of the hubs come from Centerline Alfa. They are the cloisonne emblem carefully pryed off their laurel wreath backing and attached with 3M automotive tape.
10-16-15.jpg
For Track Day/Time Trials, 14"x7" Panasports.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Question...My local tire place, Les Schwab, (free beef with wheel/tire purchase)
told me they won't bring in Panasports because they aren't DOT compliant. However, they have the Rota brand wheels, in a choice of 14 and 15 with the right spacing. They look the same. Any opinions??
The light weight Panasports are stamped "Racing Only" and are probably not DOT compiant. But the standard issue Panasports are.

What size are you looking for? I have 2 complete sets of 14x7 with 17mm offset for sale, one set new, one set used.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Who made these?

Anyone know who made these wheels? There are no casting marks on either side. Just a sticker on the inside, in Italian, saying the 6x14 wheel is made for Alfa Romeos of various types(tutti i tipi) from 1300 to 2000.

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
Anyone know who made these wheels? There are no casting marks on either side. Just a sticker on the inside, in Italian, saying the 6x14 wheel is made for Alfa Romeos of various types(tutti i tipi) from 1300 to 2000.
first time in a while I've seen a wheel type for the very first time, but I'm thinking that about these, don't recall seeing that exact one and I've scoured this website!....very cool, reminiscent of a Miura rim.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Jeff, Not Mille Miglia, the rims in question have 6 hole design MMs are a variation of 5 hole design.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Everyone, I recently acquired an '88 Spider Veloce. It currently has the stock 14" 5 spoke wheels with 185/75 crappy tires. I figured 195/60-14 would be a good size, then found out there's not much choice in performance tires in that or similar sizes.

While I was at a vintage race over the weekend I talked to someone who offered me a set of 15" phone dials from a Quad for a pretty fair price. I think the stock tires would have been 195/60-15, correct? I understand these wheels are a bit heavier than the 14s but there's a better selection of tires available. I have perused through this thread to see what other folks are running. Do the Mustang wheels fit without modification? They are 15 x 7 as opposed to the Quad wheels which are 15 x 6, right?

I'd love a nice set of 15" Panasports but am on a fairly tight budget for this car, any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Walbum, Your Alfa 14x6'' rims are likely lighter than 15x7'' Mustang rims and lighter than 15x6 Quad rims. I would stick with your 5 spoke Afa rims and put on 205/60/14'' tires 195/60/14 are way to low (small diameter) in my opinion. I am one of the few Afla owners that had 10 hole Mustang rims 15x7 with 205/60/15'' tires on my GTV for 20 years. Now I have 205/60s on 15x7 GTA rims. You can search various threads on the ABB and see both sets on my car. Or I will post 5 photos below.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
sparco drift 16 X 7 37 offset. ciao chris

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Heinbrand

Forgive me if this brand is represented but i have no knowledge of this german company. They are GTA replicas of excellent quality. As you can see in the pic they are 6.5j X 14. What does j mean? Tires are Yokohama Avid H4s 195 65R/14

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just had a set of these rims refinished. I had asked to have them painted silver, but they painted them black. Should I just leave them black or should I send them back to be painted silver?

Also, I am looking for the correct center caps and lug nuts. The lug nuts are the shank style, 12mm x 1.5. The shank is 3/4" (19mm) diameter x 3/4" long. The only ones I can find are either too small in diameter or they are 14 mm threads.

I have no clue what the wheel centers look like.

This information can help you.. it is not the original but looks ok..

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/gt-1963-1977/29698-does-anyone-recognize-what-these-wheels.html

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/gt-1963-1977/44265-what-wheels-best-suit-105-a-25.html#post929107

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
found an old pic of my GTV. I can't 'member the wheels maker or name but got them here in Italy before putting the car on the boat for home. The brown one is mine. Fallfest 1998 Dayton.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
VERY pretty!

781 - 800 of 886 Posts