Alfa Romeo Forums banner

281 - 300 of 886 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I found these wheels but not sure they will fit my alfa. They are 17 inch and +42 offset and have 100 and 108 fitment. They are cheap, just $500. Need support here. Thanks

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The offset will be a challenge. The tires will rub on th inside of the wheel well unless you use some hefty wheel spacers.
Mine have 38mm offset and would rub on the front when turn fully to either side. 5MM spacers took care of that.

Lovely wheels, by the way.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I the end of my post are my cars. The rolla have 16" ADR wheels but they are 100 and 114. Those wheels I posted are 100 ann 108. Hey Paradiso, do you mean using 1/8 spacers solved the front rubbing? Or the rear inner body rubbing?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
alfamate said:
do you mean using 1/8 spacers solved the front rubbing? Or the rear inner body rubbing?
It would handle both. Without spacers the inner edge of the tires would rub on the fender liner when the wheel was turned almost fully to either side, by moving the wheels out that problem went away.

I have another set of spacers for the rear but have yet to put them on. The rears are very close to rubbing against the inner part of the wheel well, but they don't. Again this is with 38 mm offset, pushing them in another 4 mm will put the tire perilously close to the inner wheel well.

John

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hello everyone,

This wheel is made by Centerline (not the alfa parts vendor in Boulder, CO ;) ) for 79-93 mustang. The size is 7.5 X 15", and when I asked about the offset, the seller responded by providing backspacing which is 4" (what's the realtion between backspacing and offset?) The hub bore is 71.7mm, which is tad too small for 105/115. The most amazing part is their weight, which is 16lbs for the fronts and 19lbs for the rears! I will be saving about 20-30lbs of unsprung weight by replacing those infamously heavy phonedials with this set... Does anybody have them on his/her 105/115? Or do you think they would work/look okay on my spider (I thought they are similar to the ones on SZ/RZ and 164/155Q4...)? Please let me know what you all think.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Tiger, regarding the centerbore. If you have to use spacers to get the correct offset, then the center bores may not be an issue. If it still is, they can easily be opened up. I had to enlarge my center bores fo the Speedlines that I put on my Spider. I used a carbide tip router bit with a bearing guide. The soft aluminum was easier to cut with the bit than some hardwoods I have routed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I believe back space is the distance from inside rim to back of hub face. offset is the distance from center of wheel to hub face + or -.

easiest thing is to measure what your wheels have in "backspace"

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
120 said:
I believe back space is the distance from inside rim to back of hub face. offset is the distance from center of wheel to hub face + or -.

easiest thing is to measure what your wheels have in "backspace"
So the wheel I am looking at (7.5" wide, 4" backspace) has +0.25" (6.4mm) offset? Wow, that's too low for 105/115. The wheels would not fit within the fender opening :( .

·
Registered
127 Posts
well check an alfa wheel that does fit, just to make sure I know what I'm talking about.

next thing would be a spacer. I think you mean it would rub the shock, should be plenty of fender room

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
120 said:
next thing would be a spacer. I think you mean it would rub the shock, should be plenty of fender room
No, if the offset of the Centerline wheels are really +6.4mm, the wheels would stick out of the car too much. It is when you try to fit the wheels designed for FWD cars (focus, audi 80, volvo 850 etc... Higher positive offset like 35, 38, 40mm) that you have to worry about them rubbing inside of the fender opening.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Here's what the Super is wearing now... (Thanks Jay!) This was taken the morning of the France & Italy car show in Van Nuys this past Saturday.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Alfa63 - thats an interesting modification to the rear wheel arch.. it actually doesnt look half bad.. could pass as factory. Did it have 205 tires on it at some stage?

Looks a lot better than what some people did to get wider tires under their Supers :eek:

·
Registered
717 Posts
GoldCloverLeaf said:
Alfa63 - thats an interesting modification to the rear wheel arch.. it actually doesnt look half bad.. could pass as factory. Did it have 205 tires on it at some stage?

Looks a lot better than what some people did to get wider tires under their Supers :eek:
I believe two owners ago did that work. The car had 6x14 BWA rims with 185/70-14 tires when I bought it. I believe the combination of the 6" rim and the offset of the BWAs was the reason for the modification. I'm not sure if 205s were ever on the car.

I think if the rear suspension bushings had been replaced the body work would not have been necessary. There was a lot of play in the rear that was confirmed when I replaced the bushings just recently.

pathung - Thanks!!

I agree the effort when the bodywork was done seems above average, but I've always liked the "straight" arch of the Giulia Super. In my case, it was either a rusty Super with original arches or a rust free Super with modified arches, I chose rust free.

·
Registered
213 Posts
16" Sport Wheel for my 1750 Gtv

I intend to install those wheels on my 1750 GTV Euro Series II what' s your opinion? Alfisti, I need your comments, it will be much appreciated.
N.B tires size will be 205/45/16 same as Goldcoverleaf 2000 GTV's :rolleyes:

·
Registered
561 Posts
The original wheels are Borrani Records. I got them cleaned up for Pebble Beach and they came out nice. The wheels I normally drive and race with are Compmotive. Last photo shows Alan Frick's car with Alfa Racing mags, and my car in forground with the Compmotives. I also have a set of Campi mags. - George

281 - 300 of 886 Posts