Alfa Romeo Forums banner

181 - 200 of 886 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Hey alfetta78. The wheels aren't very expensive considering the cost of most wheels in that size. I bought them at Owen Tyres in Brookvale, Sydney. They had to be made on special order and shipped up from Melbourne - it took 2 weeks. Have a look at the website..

http://www.performancewheels.com.au/super_lite_wheels.htm

Thanks for the comment - it looks HOT doesnt it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
special order? You mean they need to be a custom fit? Looks like the 4x98mm PCD would bol straight on. am i wrong? I have my Alfetta getting a complete rebuild at the moment, I would like it to roll outta the shop next week with a set of those on it.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Yes, 'special order' simply because most places will not keep the correct offset for the Alfa on the shelf. In fact I don’t even think they had that wheel in stock in any size for any car at all. I would try ringing around but you might get sold something with the wrong offset or centrebore size. So i would wait 2 weeks and get the proper wheels for the car.
I saw an early model Alfetta sedan with 15" Superlites and it looked great. I’m sure it will look good on the later model as well, definately get the 16x8 wheel.

cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
thanks for the info... Just one thing? How will i know what the correct offset is? I will be definatly getting the 16x8 just not too sure about the bore.

BTW here is a Photoshop jobbie of what the car should look like with the wheels.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
alfetta78 said:
special order? You mean they need to be a custom fit? Looks like the 4x98mm PCD would bol straight on. am i wrong?
You may need to wait even longer than 2 weeks. The 105 series has a 108mm PCD which is the same as some Fords. Of course the offset is different as is the centre bore (ask me how I know !)

Your Alfetta has a rather unique 98mm PCD which may take longer to fabricate.

Note also that the Performance website shows a 10-spoke Superlight along with the regular 8-spokes. I don't think the 10-spoker looks as good.

OFFSET ?? Take one of your standard wheels with you and they'll ensure the offset stays the same RATIO. I'd be very careful going to 8" wide on a Fetta, especially if it's been lowered at all, and I'd confirm with other owners that 8" will fit.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will take on the wheel project after I turn the key on the new engine.

The skirt kit is from zender and have a look at my custom cream leather... It has that "old classic car smell".... the car currently lives about an hour north of Sydney.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Charlie DiMarco said:
16 x 7 Serpent Autosport Type 3 wheels.

Charlie DiMarco
1986 Spider (for sale)
Nice!! S3 Spiders don't get any better looking than that....

·
Registered
498 Posts
Cromodora Daytona magnesium 6X14 32mm offset stamped 1972 (weight 5,8kg) with 185-70/14 Bridgestone BE330 tyre.
Takis.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
GoldCloverLeaf said:
I haven't seen my wheels here yet so here we go!

16x8 Performance Superlite wheels (Australian made) , with the correct offset. They do not rub and my GTV has been lowered. Tires are 205/45/16 Nankang's. Cheap but have plenty of grip.
Are you having any problem with this set-up as everybody are suggesting 15x7 on GT Bertone's and IAP are suggesting 195/60-15 or 205/60-15 if 7' wide, but seen other driver fitting 50 and 55 side walls, can you tell which is best fitment.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Tarek, I have no problem running 205/55-15 on 2000 GTV street car. But these are on 6" wheels. With the right offset, I'm sure they would present no problem on 7" wheels either.

Erik

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Previous owner went all out and bought 17" wheels for this very pristine 79 Alfetta/Sprint Veloce. The wheels wear 215/40/17 Pirelli P7000 Supersports, and yes, the car grips like hell.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
italcarguy said:
17x7.5 Stil Auto's on the GTA?

Hmmmm. They look a little out of place on that GTA (IMHO), but maybe they are very functional for racetrack use... :confused:

·
Registered
496 Posts
italcarguy said:
17x7.5 Stil Auto's on the GTA?
I agree with Bill... They are out of place... Can't you use some panasport? or something more period looking?

181 - 200 of 886 Posts