Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be the first to throw up my cars' names.

I call my race car "troia". It means "*****" in Italian.

My grey Gt Junior is known as "Little Troia" amongst my friends cuz she still sports the original 1300 unlike the beastly 2000 Troia will have in about a month.

Let's hear yours!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My friends call it the Red Rocket. But i think i need to get a little more creative and come up with a good name!

Any suggestions?

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
whenever I refer to my car its always in a female context although she really doesnt have a name. I need to work on one.

My wife does refer to the car as my "other wife" though.
:D

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
smestas said:
whenever I refer to my car its always in a female context although she really doesnt have a name. I need to work on one.

My wife does refer to the car as my the other wife though.
:D
I'm in the exact same boat Simon, on both points. My Alfas are always referred to as she and or her. And I've never come up with a name. I'm pretty sure my wife has similar thoughts too. :eek:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I refer my daily driver as my wife (reliable and stable)
My bike and my Alfa as my mistresses (fun, exciting yet need some "maintenance")...

My GTV doesn't have a name yet, simply calling her "Alfa" right now...
it might get a little bit confusing as more Alfas show up in my garage :D
Alfa 1
Alfa 2
Alfa 3?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Lolita

Picture taken in April of last year in Toronto, when I purchased her (hence the down vests...).

Lolita...because chicks dig the spider (actually, it wasn't my suggestion, it was the girl's)

Attachments

·
Registered
990 Posts
My son named my GTV "Alfa Tomato" It is red, though very oxedized.

Remember the line from the movie "The Wedding Singer"
when Drew Barrymore's married name will be
Julia Gulia? I was probably the only fool in
the audience that thought that was funny cause
of its Alfa content.

I think if my GTV does not get painted red, Julia
Guilia will be her name.:D

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Schleemak

It started off as The Flying Snail, because my car is so slow. But now it's called Schleemak, which mean's Snail in Polish.

I plan on getting a schleemak sticker for my car.

here's a rough draft of my sticker

Attachments

·
Registered
990 Posts
Alfa_Chan,

I'll ask my 4 year old son. He is getting better
at sharing these days:D

Would make a cool personalised plate:

ALFAT8TO

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Thx Keven
Let me know!! :D

Ouch, ALFAT8TO is too long for a CA plate!

Keven said:
Alfa_Chan,

I'll ask my 4 year old son. He is getting better
at sharing these days:D

Would make a cool personalised plate:

ALFAT8TO

·
Registered
642 Posts
My Duetto is named Baci ( pronounced Bah-chee ) which loosely translated from Italian means kiss. She's ( and she's DEFINITELY a she ) named that because she's silver on the outside and black on the inside, kinda like a Hersheys chocolate kiss.

The gtv has yet to acquire a gender or name, other than "la scatola di volo di merda ", which loosely translates to " the flying ****box". That's because of the undisclosed rust I found.

Dan

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Re: Re: Schleemak

alfa_chan said:
Keven, would you mind if I call my GTV Alfa Tomato too? :D
Only if you spell Tomatoe with an "e".

(I miss Dan Quayle-isms)

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 2 litre engined Giulia Super is called "La Piccola Padrona" (The Little Boss) because she's certainly in charge of my bank account and seems to rule my life!!
It was supposed to be "The Little Mistress" but my English - Italian dictionary had "Padrona" = "Mistress" and I thought it meant as in.....well, "mistress", rather than "female boss". Little Mistress was a suitable name because I should never have started the relationship in the first place, but I do love being with her very dearly, and its a very passionate relationship, but very expensive to keep alive, and now I'm so deeply involved I can't figure out a way to end the relationship!
Can any Italian speakers help me with the translation....or do I stick with "La Piccola Padrona" - it is kind of cute though!

·
Super Moderator - Alfa Romeo Expert
16,232 Posts
We're gonna go with Whitethorn which is the English translation of the car's color; Biancospina (AR013). That is if the bodyshop ever gets to painting the darn thing. Kinda fits too; white for the pure and innocence of the car as a whole and because of the suspension and engine mods, hopfully a thorn in the sides of other drivers :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sophia - after Sophia Loren.

They are both ageing Italian beauties :cool:

One's 68 and one's 30 years old. I'm not allowed to say which is which...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts