Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea what this is? It's does not look aftermarket. My Spider appears to have had dealer-install a/c.

I don't recall it on my first Spider (factory a/c) and my second Spider didn't have a/c at all.

No idea what it is... on an '87 Spider Veloce.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yikes!

I just found where it goes (didn't even think of the VVT... I'm not as up-to-date on FI cars).

Plugged it back in. Anything I should be concerned with before driving it again? No telling how long it was unplugged... I just got the car (and I've put about 15 miles on it). Thought it felt a little sluggish, but I figured that was more to do with the rubber hose that goes from the AFM. I noticed that it's cracking a little and is probably letting air escape.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm puzzled how the thing came off in the forst place since the little bolt is still attached.
you can test if it works by turning the ignition on (without starting the car) and lifting the trottle with your fingers. If working you will see the plunger move within the sight hole in the VVT and hear a distintive "click" also note thet the is a fuse for this immediately to the right of the oil separator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts