Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And where does it connect?

I can't seem to locate it on my wonderful papjam wiring diagram....it could certainly be user error.

Thanks, JP

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
That's the low pressure cutoff switch, meaning the switch will close and power the compressor clutch once the minimum system pressure has been reached (seems to be ~ 5-9 psi). However, the switch you have is not OEM original; somebody found a replacement, likely because the original switches fail over the decades and no longer make consistent contact when pressurized.

I've tried pretty hard to find a replacement for the OEM one in the USA, but have not found a source. The thread pitch is different than most other switches with the same thread diameter. Thus, I keep the switch wires permanently jumpered with a piggyback spade connector.

The standard Montreal wiring diagram does not address the A/C system. The one that claims to cover the A/C is not 100% accurate. The official early Alfetta wiring diagram (with A/C) gives the best representation for the Montreal's A/C system, as the two are very similar.

Finally, a good belt size is a 10mm wide x 975 mm long belt (x2), which will put the compressor just past the midway point of its slot free travel.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback, Hans! I appreciate the info.

Alex, let me get back to you on the switch. I am going to a more modern Sanden compressor so may have a different interlock to tie in to.

JP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts