Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have "found" ? 750B 1493 05868 and am curious to know if it is a series one or 2. I have been in contact with Marco Fazio who advises the car was manufactured on 26/11/57 and sold from Johannesburg on 2/4/58
I have noticed that the door cards are different to my "interim" car in that that they dont have the "Chrome" insert around the handles, is this correct as I can see the cards are not original. The car also has an aluminium front bumper, is this unusual for this model or common.
Greg if you are out there in PE please call me in George on 082 3319477
Any pics that could be posted of what my door cards should look like would be appreciated
Thanks
Lew

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sprint

Hi Lew

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Aluminium bumpers were only fitted to Early 750E lightweight Sprint Veloce`s, so this may have come from another car

Do you have any pictures of your car?

Regards
Alan

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Alan, I will try and post some pics but I am not very computer literate as I have only recently learnt how to use a calculator!
Only the front bumper is aluminium and this has been on the car since at least 1979 when the car can be traced back to

·
Administrator
4,395 Posts
750B's

Hi Lew

It was good to chat to you & catch up with the Alfa's

The alloy front bumper is incorrect, the car should have a chrome bumper without the lip at the back, the lip arrived with the 101's & served to stiffen the top of the bumper probably to help with the chrome & polish process

The door panels are different to 101's, see the pictures, the first is my 1493*05880 a 29 November '57 and also sold in '58 and delivered through Titan Industrial Corporation in Johannesburg, the second is Roderick's 750B 1493*05919, built on the 28th November '57 and also delivered in '58 via Titan who were the concessionaires at the time.

These 3 cars would have been on the production line at the same time & shipped on the same boat. 05880 is unrestored and the door panels are original material, the original body colour was light grey (Grigio Chiarissimo AR 706)

Ciao
Greig

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Dear Lew,
Nice Car! It's a series 1, early body with later split-case transmission non-original upholstry, and as Greig noted, the alloy front bumper. Glad to see that she looks both loved and used!
Laurence E*06559

·
Registered
44 Posts
Aa badge

Hi Lew

Why the "AA" Badge (Automobile Association)?

Was this car originally in the UK?

Regards

·
Administrator
4,395 Posts
Hi Alan

South Africa was a British Colony for many years & the Automobile Association is still active & has a big following out here. There have been several versions of those badges over the years, now days they use a decal for the window.

05868 has been in SA its whole life, it arrived on the same boat as my 05880 and a friends 05919, all sold by the same concessionaire, Titan Industrial Corporation in Johannesburg.

It would be nice to get all 3 together one day.........

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
44 Posts
There you go.
I have just learnt something. Had no idea that the "AA" were active in South Africa.

Good luck with the Sprint. I have always admired the Eyebrow Sprints. The prettiest of all!

Very nice car

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Fiendish, cut and copy and delete your post and start a new thread on this Forum. Sprints and Spiders are apples and oranges. You will get a better response

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.