Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,450 Posts
Thats the temperature switch for the electric fan. It mounts to the radiator shroud, I believe, which you don't seem to have.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Reactions: vbisbest

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
It is found only on the cars with the AC option. I removed my compressor, hoses, evaporator and fan, condenser and fan, etc. on my 86 Spider. Much happier now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the temperature switch for the electric fan. It mounts to the radiator shroud, I believe, which you don't seem to have.
Thanks everyone. My shroud was completely broken (explains why it was just hanging) so too it out to get it replaced. If anyone has an extra, I would be interested.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
From your image, it looks like the radiator is removed. If the fan is older than a decade or two, I'd replace it, and the shroud. Same for the coolant pump belt, and the front crank pulley seal, and draining the block, and... Centerline Alfa has all this stuff.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From your image, it looks like the radiator is removed. If the fan is older than a decade or two, I'd replace it, and the shroud. Same for the coolant pump belt, and the front crank pulley seal, and draining the block, and... Centerline Alfa has all this stuff.
I did pull the radiator to straighten out some other stuff. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I did pull the radiator to straighten out some other stuff. Thanks.
If you keep pulling things off, you are going to need a bigger garage. :LOL:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts