Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have current information about the status of the museum. I will be in Milan on April 14th and was planning to visit. I would hate to show up to a shuttered facility. What is the scoop?

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump. Anyone?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Does anyone have current information about the status of the museum. I will be in Milan on April 14th and was planning to visit. I would hate to show up to a shuttered facility. What is the scoop?
It seems that the museum is now closed to public by Fiat for "renovations and reenforcement of security". This is the last I heard. You could call / email them directly since my information is secondary.

Baktash

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
What is the Status of the AR Museo Storico?

I'm not sure if I read this on the bb or received it by e-mail, but the last I heard was that it was closed under the guise of re-modeling or updating; but, at the same time FIAT has filed an appeal to the government order preventing them from disposing of either the museum or the cars.

The AROC Board of Directors acted quietly behind the scenes during the previous cause of action that FIAT is currently appealing, so I'm sure they are doing much the same this time through their well-informed connection.

AONE is the only local chapter that I know of that notified their members of the previous situation and was proactive in getting the petition notification out so that people could sign it. To date I've not received anything further from AONE regarding the AR Museum.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Cheryl. That is pretty much the information I have gotten as well. The official website for AR says the museum is closed until further notice while undergoing improvements.

If anyone hears anything further, please post to keep us all up to date.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,040 Posts
Bummer. I hoped to visit in mid-May.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not sure if I read this on the bb or received it by e-mail, but the last I heard was that it was closed under the guise of re-modeling or updating; but, at the same time FIAT has filed an appeal to the government order preventing them from disposing of either the museum or the cars.

The AROC Board of Directors acted quietly behind the scenes during the previous cause of action that FIAT is currently appealing, so I'm sure they are doing much the same this time through their well-informed connection.

AONE is the only local chapter that I know of that notified their members of the previous situation and was proactive in getting the petition notification out so that people could sign it. To date I've not received anything further from AONE regarding the AR Museum.
Fiat, to this day, has not filed any appeal. Also, the previous petition you are mentioning was unjustified alarmism and major FUD spreading, as at that time there was no jeopardy, the procedure to protect the museum was already finalized. Also, the deadline for comments and observations mentioned in that letter expired many months before the letter was written.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Fiat, to this day, has not filed any appeal. Also, the previous petition you are mentioning was unjustified alarmism and major FUD spreading, as at that time there was no jeopardy, the procedure to protect the museum was already finalized. Also, the deadline for comments and observations mentioned in that letter expired many months before the letter was written.

Hello MacGeek,
You sound as though you know a bit about what is or is not going on. Could you please update us on what the current overall situation is, and also is the Museo actually open or closed at the moment: have travel plans to arrange which hope to involve a visit in late June/early July.
Regards,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Currently, the Museo is closed for some maintenance works, and to assess exactly what needs to be done (since it's been declared National Cultural Heritage, everything will have to be approved by the Superintendence). A timeframe for reopening is not known yet, but it could be sometime this summer.

·
Registered
664 Posts
"chiuso per restauro" If I had a coin for every time I saw that sign while traveling abroad in Italy.....

I enjoyed an AR museum visit during a trip in 2000. Museum has a rich heritage and is worth the wait until it reopens.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts

Currently, the Museo is closed for some maintenance works, and to assess exactly what needs to be done (since it's been declared National Cultural Heritage, everything will have to be approved by the Superintendence). A timeframe for reopening is not known yet, but it could be sometime this summer.
Here is the post from another thread about the museum. Originally posted by Tina Van Curen as a courtesy to Steve Tillack. Anyone in the southern California area knows Steve as reputable and knowledge about Alfas and other Italian cars and not one to start unwarranted rumors.

The post does indicate that FIAT has the "right" to appeal the decision. I would not put anything past Marchionne since he needs cash, has not been able to bring his units sold up, is plagued by endless delays in delivering a product to the U.S., and is still being pursued by VW. I personally, expect FIAT to appeal, if they have not already or at least have it in the process.

" Important news from museo alfa romeo!

When I was in Paris at Retromobile last week, I spoke to Marco Fazio [ [email protected] ] who I understand to be the point man for the Alfa Museum. He had good news; the Italian Government has told Fiat the Alfa Museum and the buildings (which are evidently a very important factor) must be preserved.

Marco would like to hear from every Alfa enthusiast on the planet. Fiat has the right to appeal the government’s decision and Marco wants to present the government with a mountain of support from the Alfa aficionado’s all over the world.

Regards: Steve Tillack"

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Hello MacGeek,
You sound as though you know a bit about what is or is not going on. Could you please update us on what the current overall situation is, and also is the Museo actually open or closed at the moment: have travel plans to arrange which hope to involve a visit in late June/early July.
Regards,
Going back again so soon Vin! Very good - you must have got the travel bug:)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hey Cheryl... if you read a little further in the "Steve Tillack" thread you're quoting, Marco asked that people not e-mail him, but instead send any thoughts via e-mail to [email protected] at the Alfa Museum.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts

Hey Cheryl... if you read a little further in the "Steve Tillack" thread you're quoting, Marco asked that people not e-mail him, but instead send any thoughts via e-mail to [email protected] at the Alfa Museum.
Hey Fred,

I did read the entire thread but I figured anyone that really cared could go search out the thread or I would have posted the thread link. There are several in your locale and a couple of others that have "accused" me of enabling, so in this case you proved that you don't need to be enabled and are capable of searching out the information for yourself, so apparently, others on the bb are capable also or they wouldn't have taken the time to point out that I'm just too helpful to those that don't need it nor appreciate it.

Thank you for "enabling" and furnishing others with the additional information that I didn't as requested.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts