Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am wondering what the part# is for the gasket that goes between the air intake and the one highlighted in the picture? Is it possible to buy this separately and where?

thanks

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, looks like its not carried by any online retailers in USA. How do one get around with this gasket?

·
Premium Member
16,709 Posts
Is it used only on the 95 164?

Ah, digging deeper, I see that's what you have.

Reactions: horsewidower

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, its for my 95, the default shipping charges are outrageous for those ebay listings.

·
Premium Member
6,305 Posts
make one of your own. you can use sheet copper or soft sheet aluminum.

Reactions: horsewidower

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Or even exhaust paste.
I junked the EGR on my 24v and blanked it off both ends - with a plate at the plenum where the valve is and on the downpipe with a plug. Car runs fine and passed the UK emissions tests fine. Catalytic converter is the main item for that, not this EGR.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Or even exhaust paste.
I junked the EGR on my 24v and blanked it off both ends - with a plate at the plenum where the valve is and on the downpipe with a plug. Car runs fine and passed the UK emissions tests fine. Catalytic converter is the main item for that, not this EGR.
Not sure if I can do that here in California. It will be due for its SMOG test soon. I am thinking of using Permatex 82180 which I already have in my tool kit.

make one of your own. you can use sheet copper or soft sheet aluminum.
Thanks for the suggestions, will check if I have any copper sheets at work

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
We used Permatex ultra copper on turbo flanges. I'm sure it'll handle this.

·
Registered
131 Posts
A while back agemme27 mentioned Volvo 850 EGR gasket is similar. Here is a possibility:

Fel-Pro 70982 EGR Valve Gasket

Fel-Pro 70982 EGR Valve Gasket

Fel-Pro
Brand:Fel-Pro
Part Number:70982
UPC:084113805769
Weight:0.03 lbs

·
Registered
56 Posts
I didn’t have any problems, but then again the engine is no longer in its original home. I swapped it into a kit car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts