Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Love my 2018 stelvio ti sport with 20s. Awesome sports cuv but when parked in the garage and the car turned off it has the faint beeping every few minutes

Any idea how to stop this ?

Beep......really faint but weird...then a few minutes later...beep...

Otherwise loving this car for about 9 months..

Bright red ....20s....sports seats...just a hoot to drive.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I can't address the Stelvio specifically but I'm pretty sure that many modern technology packed cars do this to some extent.

My 2017 Golf R has every tech bell and whistle under the sun and does a faint beeping and occasional buzz when parked in the garage. My wife drives a new GTI and it has a similar set of noises.

Just think of it as "robots dreaming of electric sleep."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response Jack...

I appreciate your response as after 9 months these noises seem to be reasonably new

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
You might ask the service advisor at your dealer. In my case I just passively accepted the beeps and whirs as long as the car behaved well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the laughs guys and i plan on asking the service advisor when I see them in a few weeks. I just thought I d ask here first since its my wifes vehicle and she mentioned it to me. Once she mentioned it i was focused on how weird it is.

Could be something as silly as an interior light that stays on for 15 minutes. I thought I saw the trunk lights inside the car on. Now i dont see them on...its the two little lights on the sides inside the trunk.

Any idea on how to turn those off ? Unless they are suposed to stay on for 15 minutes everytime she parks the car.

Todays vehicles are quite interactive to say the least.

Fwiw..i really enjoy driving my wifes bright red stelvio ti sport on 20s. The sports seats really hold you inplace too. Nice steering and a peppy accelerating cuv as well.

Just a great purchase. I leased it actually for her 60th birthday and our 25 th anniversary. When we met 25 years ago she had a little red sporty car she loved.

She is so happy with her stelvio. She says its her favorite car ever and having one makes her very very happy.

You guys know the old saying...happy wife happy life.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Try this, once parked in the garage press the lock button on the remote 3 times. Had to do this with both a BMW and a Lexus.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
My wife's Mercedes has"Mbrace-in vehicle Technology" occasionally grunts, groans and whispers in German. Personally I think it's a surveillance unit. When I don't want it reading my thoughts I put on the tin foil Hat...::rolleyes:

·
Registered
339 Posts
My 2018 does that, I ignore...

Best for me was my former 2011 XJL 5.0s/c, it started beeping every minute while driving. Nobody knew what it was at Jaguar, not in service manuals or owners manuals. Then one of the old master service techs says it is a suspension system fault that does not register on the warning lights or fault file for differences on air suspension height in the rear. 2011 on a few cars that was corrected part way through the year. It was maybe 1" off side to side.

I am sure there is some stuff hiding in the Stelvio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2017 Golf R has every tech bell and whistle under the sun and does a faint beeping and occasional buzz when parked in the garage. My wife drives a new GTI and it has a similar set of noises.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts