Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Now thats the kind of Ebay prices I like. You got to love it! Ive had many similar purchases where the price of shipping is way more then the cost of the actuall auction.

I hope the guy who got the rim can find another three to finish the set or else its clock material.

PS - Sorry I dont know the answer to your question but Im sure the rest of the crew will chime in.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,370 Posts
Campagnolo is an Italian wheel manufacturer, often stamped on the wheel. Also famous for their road bike wheels and equipment.

Campanatura is the italian word for offset, hence the auction listed the wheel as "Campanatura 45" of 45mm offset. The wheel in the auction was actually procduced by Benzoni.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks joe- that cleared that up- is there a large difference in quality of the two different wheels?

:)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I have won auctions from that seller but never got prices that good! Uri is a nice guy selling from Israel. His prices and shipping costs are really reasonable.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just e-mailed uri and it seems that he dosn't have an hard feelings about selling something for .1 cent :) so i am going to send him the shipping $35.00 and the extra cent for the wheel and wait for it to arrive. this wheel is a replacement for a metric spare tire. it's rather hard to believe that something can be bought today for a penny.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
joecab- what is the difference between the campy wheel and the benzoni wheel? i know that the campy wheel is made from magnesium, is the benzoni wheel made from the same? was this actually a "stock" alfa romeo wheel?

thanks!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,370 Posts
Redmist,

Yes, I am sure it was a stock wheel as I have seen GTV6s with sets of both types of wheels. I don't know which is lighter, stronger, or if the Benzonis are made of aluminum or magnesium alloy.

Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts