Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
My educated guess is the round chrome ones with the Alfa emblem on them. I have a 2L full line US brochure with the Berlina, Spider and GT Veloce in it, and they all have the chrome round mirror only on the driver side (the brochure is undated). I have a brochure for an 81 spider (I think - it has SPICA and an 85 mph speedo, but no date in it, engine shot isn't good enough to see if it is the dreded 80 - 81 SPICA) that has a silver spider in it with two different mirrors, the action shot has the big black plastic ones, and the studio shot has the chrome trapeziod ones. The 1982 brochure I have, has the black plastic ones. I know it is 1982, because as a teenager I wrote to ARI in New Jersey for a brochure and they sent me a bunch of stuff...

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
papajam said:
Once a part and it's number have been issued, it could be used for many years on many different models. A perfect example of this is the use of early 60s 101 series parts on 116 series Alfettas.
Yes, I am aware of this fact too-as a result of the exposure to more than 50 alfas my mom has owned (24 of those are still hers), I know lots of trivial facts about them...
papajam said:
Euro 1750 model designations;
10544 - LHD GTV
10545 - RHD GTV
10548 - LHD Berlina
10549 - RHD Berlina
10557 - LHD Spider
10558 - RHD Spider
Okay, I stand corrected on this. I am not so familiar with the cars my mom has never owned (she has owned three US 1750GTVs;1530053, 1531011, and 1532228).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Daytona Mirrors Pit/Flake?

I'd like to replace my Daytona mirror (round w/o Alfa emblem), but how do the aftermarket ones hold up? Has anyone purchased one from International or the aforementioned Haeckner-Shop? If these are cheap imitations, I will likely opt for the Marini mirrors from Mt. Carmel spares.

How many days 'til spring:rolleyes:

21 - 23 of 23 Posts