Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it is a good idea to replace the old 3-port electric fuel pump on my 78 Spider. I am changing all of the fuel lines and filters, also, having the gas tank redone at the local radiator shop. Any suggestions on a local auto parts replacement pump? I have Advanced Auto Parts as well as Autozone stores near me. I know Centerline and IAP have them, but I would like to get this local if possible. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Go to Ingram Enterprises, Inc. || Spica Pump Rebuilds and download the free fuel system guide there.

Some people have used the Master/Airtex E2000 pump. I have not used it so can't comment on its efficacy. Centerline has the Pierburg pump which is a known good substitute and costs less than the Bosch pump and has an internal pressure relief, although it is set much higher than the 17 psi specification of the Spica system. Supposidly you don't have to narrow the outlet restrictor in the injection pump out-port with the Pierburg pump, like you may have to with the Bosch pump. If you're going to sub one of these pump, I'd recommend that you look around APE or Ebayfor a front fuel filter with a integral Pressure Relief Valve (PRV). The 74 and earlier models had those type filters.

Get the guide and read it carefully.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
I wrote the two guides on Wes' site. PM me if you have any questions or suggestions for improving them. I'm doing an update to the Fuel System guide right now.

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
I used the Centerline after market pump. Shorted the feedback hose, made a long hose for the input. Been 4 years no problem.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,637 Posts
No problems with the two I bought from IAP for two years now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts