Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a look at a '77 Alfetta project car yesterday. Part of the sales deal includes an extra engine. The extra engine turns out to be an Eighties Bosch FI engine, so it won't work in the Alfetta.

So what's the going rate for builder 2 liter engines?

-It's missing all of the Bosch injection parts, save the fuel rail and injectors.

-Includes the clutch and flywheel, but no bell housing.

-I meant to write down the block number, but forgot, so I don't know what year it is.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
I don't think there's any reason you couldn't use that engine in an Alfetta as long as you swap the oil pan and oil pump and, of course, the intake. It's the other way around that doesn't work - an Alfetta engine won't work in a Spider because it doesn't have the hole in the end of the crank for the transmission shaft.

To attempt to answer your question. I've only sold Spica 2 liter engines so I'm not sure about a Bosch engine. $300 to $500 for a Spica engine that isn't locked up. Getting one shipped is another issue. Crazy Ray's here in MD will sell you almost any engine (if they have it) for $200 (no accessories).

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that the Spider engine needed the hole in the crank to fit an Alfetta.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O.K., thanks!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I would say no more than $200-$250. Last year I bought a mid 80s Bosch Spider engine without any of the injection system, (it was running, with low compression, before the intake system was removed) for $200.00, and the seller tossed in an extra trans (unknown condition) and bell housing.

Best regards,

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I still haven't heard back from owner of the engine and '77 Alfetta about separating the two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts