Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
For gauges, I would whole heartedly recommend Jim Simpson at O.D.D Parts in Napa. He is a one of a kind...tinkerer/engineer. He did my gauges and in doing so came up with an ingenious way of opening and closing the chrome bezels on the gauge face. O.D.D. Parts. Ended up putting a later Spider electronic tach into the original 69 GTV housing so it will now work off the MSD electronic signal rather than cable. Also, made me an oil temp gauge from a temp gauge, and a volt meter too with all the scripting and logos that match!! Finally he took the innards from the ATL fuel gauge that connects the racing fuel sell sender unit and calibrated it so all the gauges will look like the originals but be connected to all the new systems in the car and work!
all gauges.jpg

·
Registered
6,766 Posts
Was at a local C&C at Coto de Caza ( think Real Housewives of OC!) this morning. Turned quite damp later in the morning! Car is running superbly after a tune by APC.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Today I started the car and it sounded like Ducati 888 clutch, bag of nails. I suspect I broke something on my spirited run on Saturday afternoon. So its going back to the workshop and they are bringing my half finished Delta for me to use. Very sad day, even worse knowing that the Delta's engine now is capable of 380bhp yet the clutch won't even handle 0.7bar boost before slipping, which is about 200 maybe 180bhp.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Checked out St Mary’s College Moraga C&C in the GTV and with a friend driving the ‘02. Then stretched their legs on a run up the “three bears” on Bear Creek Road by Brionnes Reservoir on the drive back.
340B5B05-8F72-4AA6-BD33-B7FFA6714439.jpeg

·
Administrator
12,197 Posts
Your GTV is straight!

Pete

·
Administrator
12,197 Posts
Another beautifully straight GTV!
Pete

·
Registered
6,766 Posts
Well, today I started cleaning and sorting the original motor parts. Might rebuild it and keep it for the future!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts