Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually last weekend... drove Bella to Sidco Upholstery in Mountain View. Alex (the owner) hosted an ARA Tech Session on (what else) upholstery restoration, and showed the group his shop, latest equipment (including a CO2 Laser Engraver Cutter) and offered restoration.tips for our Alfa’s. Eight GTVs (and their owners) were at the session, plus this one in the shop.
BB62A261-56E0-4960-A704-34F2D3B4E435.jpeg

·
Registered
146 Posts
Visited a friend’s shed, where he is restoring 2 Duettos,2 step nose, two GTVs and a Lancia 1300S.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took Bella to the muffler shop. The small exhaust leak that started some months back got progressively worse on the drive back from Mountain View. I had checked the tightened the exhaust flanges and U bolt slip joint but no joy. The culprit finally reared it’s head as a crack at the rear exhaust pipe connection to the front muffler.
80E2371A-F663-4760-98B7-CEF86412ED25.jpeg

·
Premium Member
6,405 Posts
Some work on a 1750 head and I need to put the turn signal return spring on my GTV

·
Registered
146 Posts
Took Bella to the muffler shop. The small exhaust leak that started some months back got progressively worse on the drive back from Mountain View. I had checked the tightened the exhaust flanges and U bolt slip joint but no joy. The culprit finally reared it’s head as a crack at the rear exhaust pipe connection to the front muffler. View attachment 1612324
Weakest area I guess. Repairable I would have thought.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Discovered a Jr. was being marketed as a 74 GTV on BaT.
Nice job bringing up the VIN issue. (I’m Piper2000GTV on BaT BTW). I finally had a good reason to dust of my Tubucchi book =).
It certainly brings up a lot of questions about what the seller knew and when he knew it.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Yes. Initially, I thought, cool a Euro 2000 GTV. But after looking at all photos closely and looking up Tipo # and VIN#, not so cool anymore. Shiny red GT with issues. By the way, I am brad fischer on BaT ;)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It’ll be interesting to see how high the bids will go. It’s already at $28k, way higher than what I think it’s worth.

·
Registered
705 Posts
There’s always something to do on the GTV before next track day........sorted out cracks in the cam cover causing unnecessary oil leaks, gearstick adjustment, trunnion alignment due to wheel rub, brake bleed.....etc 👍

Attachments

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cleaned up a couple of fuse contacts... A few years ago I did some electrical maintenance cleaning up fuse and ground contacts. I neglected to take care of the two fuses in the Tipo 115.01 auxiliary fuse box for the electric fuel pump and fog lamp relay. It finally caught up with me yesterday when, the fuel pump went silent as we were about to head out for lunch and a drive through the Napa Valley. Fortunately it only took 10 minutes to diagnose and fix the problem. If it were one of the late model daily drivers, who knows how long it would have taken.
A5AD7A8F-F504-4DD5-825F-66C74CC6F9DA.jpeg

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Pulled the motor to replace clutch and pressure plate — flywheel was scored so replaced that too..

·
Registered
279 Posts
Finally beginning to make some tangible progress on the interior of my car. Just finishing up the restoration of the dash which previously had a gaping hole where somebody had put a stereo in previously. Patched that up, "bodyworked" it, then re-textured and painted. I did a darker than stock grey because I think it will look better with the dark grey leather I'm doing the rest of the interior with. So gratifying to see things coming together.
dash3.jpg
dash4.jpg
dash5.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Your dash looks great! Did you clean up the gauges too? The toggle switches on my ‘65 GT are smooth without the pictures to indicate their functionality. Thanks, Hugh

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi Hugh. Yes, the gauges need quite a bit of TLC also. The speedo and tach cleaned up well after disassembly and some gentle elbow grease. However, with the two smaller gauges the glass faces had yellowed considerably and I got replacements from Franjo Mokina (sp?) which were absolutely perfect.
dash6.jpg
dash7.jpg
dash8.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts