Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to assemble a few of the "extras" that my Spider would have come with when it was picked up at the car dealership in 1986. I have an owner's manual, maintenance guide, sales and service dealers directory, and window sticker, but nothing else.

This ebay ad (link below) got me thinking... did the '86s come with a folder like this? How about the other books?

What am I missing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-Alfa-Spider-manual-delivery-folder_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ119131QQitemZ8037165856QQrdZ1

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Mine came with a folder exactly like that but in black leather - mine has a really cool strap that goes around it with a magnetic clasp but I'm not sure if that's "stock" or not. DOesn't have a logo on it or anything. The funny thing is, that folder doesn't fit in the glove box very well! I have to push the front of it up before I shut the door - I now keep mine in my bag in the trunk and probably why yours is no longer with the car.

It also came with all that other stuff - pocket atlas, mileage and expense log and a little notebook just like that one. I think the cover of my owners manual is slightly different and I'm not positive about the photo on the atlas, but other than that I have that exact stuff.

I think my '90 (I'll have to look through everything when I get home) also came with a warranty manual, maybe two - I think there was a separater rust warranty book or something, and I think a tire warranty brochure as well........I'll look tonight and see if I can be more specific.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GV27 said:
Mine came with a folder exactly like that but in black leather - mine has a really cool strap that goes around it with a magnetic clasp but I'm not sure if that's "stock" or not. DOesn't have a logo on it or anything. The funny thing is, that folder doesn't fit in the glove box very well! I have to push the front of it up before I shut the door - I now keep mine in my bag in the trunk and probably why yours is no longer with the car.

It also came with all that other stuff - pocket atlas, mileage and expense log and a little notebook just like that one. I think the cover of my owners manual is slightly different and I'm not positive about the photo on the atlas, but other than that I have that exact stuff.

I think my '90 (I'll have to look through everything when I get home) also came with a warranty manual, maybe two - I think there was a separater rust warranty book or something, and I think a tire warranty brochure as well........I'll look tonight and see if I can be more specific.

Thanks- I'd love to know! I think it would be kinda neat to have everything that my Spider came with when it was new. I was pleasantly surprised to receive the dealer locations guide and the window sticker.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alfacliff said:
how about the tool kit? mine has one.
cliff

The tool kit includes a vinyl bag with Alfa logo, box spanner, tommy bar, screw driver, and a lug wrench, according to my manual. Plus the jack, of course.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
yep, that describes my tool kit, also I got a folder with the origional bill of sale , each bill of sale after and the papers from the conversion to delortos.
cliff

·
Registered
540 Posts
yep, mine came with the brown leather folder - w/alfa logo...

sadly, no tool kit for me :( but it sounds interesting

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hooligan,

I too have an '86 Graduate. My owner's manual folder is just like that, and is embossed with the Alfa Romeo logo. It looks like it's missing the ballpoint pen (brown w/ gold Alfa Romeo script), and the Spider postcard that came with it. Both items are still in my folder. Then there's the owner's manual itself, the maintenance check sheet, and the notepad (which it appears to be present).

I too have taken to keeping this stuff in the boot, as the folder is rather inflexible, and the glove box is just too small for it! This evening I'll e-mail you a digital photo of my kit, which I think is pretty much fully intact. Cheers,

David

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
davidteachey said:
Hooligan,

I too have an '86 Graduate. My owner's manual folder is just like that, and is embossed with the Alfa Romeo logo. It looks like it's missing the ballpoint pen (brown w/ gold Alfa Romeo script), and the Spider postcard that came with it. Both items are still in my folder. Then there's the owner's manual itself, the maintenance check sheet, and the notepad (which it appears to be present).

I too have taken to keeping this stuff in the boot, as the folder is rather inflexible, and the glove box is just too small for it! This evening I'll e-mail you a digital photo of my kit, which I think is pretty much fully intact. Cheers,

David

I'd love to see a photo of that!

I'll upload it to my currently non-working website (it's a nice site, but I exceeded my bandwidth with an eBay ad for my old Spider).

·
Registered
619 Posts
I was gonna try to e-mail the 5 pics to you. PM me your e-mail address if you're comfortable doing so. I've got the pics ready.

David

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
OK, so mine came w/ the following:

Black leather folder - strap mentioned above NOT stock
Owner's manual.
Maintenance log
Mileage log
Pen
Note pad
Atlas - mine has a different picture than the Ebay one
Expense and mileage log
Rust perforation warranty booklet - 6 year, 60k miles w/ inspection log
"Consumer Information" "1990 Spider Stopping Distance" under various conditions.
Michelin tire warranty booklet
Alfa Romeo/Clarion "Computer Anti-Theft System Info" including a wallet card w/ radio code. The radio this applies to was unfortunately replaced w/ a CD player years ago.
Also the toolkit described previously, and mine has an Alfa logo duffel in the back that the PO (and me) keep Owners manual, car cover, jumper cables, "X" wheel wrench, etc. I bet the duffel didn't come with the car other than perhaps the dealer threw it in from the parts department with the sale.

Chris

·
Registered
619 Posts
For my '86 Grad, I've got:

Tan folder with 'Alfa Romeo' script embossed on it. Inside is Auto Expense & Mileage Log, Maintenance Program booklet, Pocket Road Atlas, pen, notepad, Graduate postcard, AROC application, Authorized Dealer Directory, Warranty Info booklet, and the Owner's Manual.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts