• DAILY DRIVER

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • WEEKEND

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • RACE TRACK

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • MY ALFA DOES NOT RUN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I DON'T OWN AN ALFA BUT I THINK THEY ARE THE BEST CARS EVER CREATED AND WILL OWN ONE ONE DAY

Votes: 2 16.7%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
I DON'T OWN AN ALFA BUT I THINK THEY ARE THE BEST CARS EVER CREATED AND WILL OWN ONE ONE DAY
This was the category I voted for. I know! I know!

I don’t have an Alfa right now but I’m working on it.

Sorry for the disappointment :D

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
smestas said:
This was the category I voted for. I know! I know!

I don’t have an Alfa right now but I’m working on it.

Sorry for the disappointment :D
Haha!!!
Anthony setup that category just for us, Simon!!! :D

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Daily Driver

She's drinks about a quart of oil weekly from leaks. Thought I'd share.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
i dont own one yet i but i definatel think alfa is one of best things to happen on the automotive scene

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
I drive my spider on weekends, its hard to cary lumber or tools in it during the week besides the co supplies a truck for me.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I use mine as a daily driver sometimes.. ie not on hot days and only from April until November (unless it snows early!).

·
Super Moderator - Alfa Romeo Expert
16,232 Posts
Since ours is approaching it's 3rd year in restoration, we use it as an excuse to buy more parts. :D

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
GTV4EVR said:
I use mine as a daily driver sometimes.. ie not on hot days and only from April until November (unless it snows early!).
That's sort of where mine will be at, once it's roadable. Right now, it's just beautifying my garage. Once it's on the road it won't be a daily driver, but it won't be just for weekends, either.

Today I'm installing the convertible top (might be my last warm day until spring, so I better do it now). Tonight I'll figure out why my reverse lights aren't working. Next week I'll get temp plates and go and get the windshield replaced. Then I think all I have to do is find a wiper motor and rig up some license plate lights to get it inspected.

Then it will be just about time to put it away for the winter, yank the motor, and rebuild it. Hopefully I'll get a couple of weeks of driving it first.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Farace said:
Then it will be just about time to put it away for the winter, yank the motor, and rebuild it. Hopefully I'll get a couple of weeks of driving it first.
It's good to have a long term plan:)
I've only had this GTV since this June. This summer was spent getting areas of PO neglect fixed while I drove the car as much as I could. This winter I accumulate all the suspension upgrade bits. Come spring, when the car comes out of storage, the suspension will be upgraded and the transmission rebuilt. Hopefully, nothing serious will break next summer and I can just have fun. The next steps will be the interior, hot up the motor, and then the body redo, putting it back to it's original colour. Hopefully it all comes together when it should!

·
Registered
517 Posts
I drive my spider whenever:

It's a nice day for driving with the top down.

I need a little "pick-me-up".

I don't want to haul the whole family.

Whenever one of the kids hasn't gotten to it first.

It's not a daily driver, but almost. I don't have a commute any more, but it's unbeatable for a nice weather run.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Well,

My GT Junior is my daily driver for the school run and commute to work. (Both the 3 kids and I love it! :) )
The 164 is my wifes daily driver. (And whenever the whole family goes for a drive)
The Spider will hopefully be ready for next years race season (The 164 will haul it!)
The other 164 is becoming less and less of a car, as I take parts from it to replace the parts my wife breaks on the daily driver 164! :D (Fog light glass being the latest item: "Don't know what I hit - I just heard the sound of broken glass - must've been someone else - that car is just too big for me!") :D

·
Registered
751 Posts
Do I get to vote multiple times, once for each Alfa? If so, I'll vote once for "weekends" and twice for "does not run". That's ok, though.

·
Administrator
13,467 Posts
Sole purpose is to keep the garage from being empty :p

Pete :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
I drive mine evenings and weekends if possible, after I park the truck with the tools in it. No comparison on handling and gas.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Alfa Use

I use mine as daily drivers and also now at the track.

I'm totally amazed that no one put down they use it to pick up women/or sexual partner of choice.

I have to say I met my boyfriend over our cars. I doubt either of us would have had reason to talk to one another otherwise.

My Alfa has been very instrumental in my meeting people. One night I broke down and was pushed off of the viaduct (in a good way not like being pushed into a river..) by the police. At the gas station a local fireman asked if I needed a ride home. So I was rescued by both the Police and the fire department that night. Became friends with Fireman and his family and see them often around where I live.

Sarah.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts