Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 84 spider tailights are faded and cracked.:(.really do not want to get new alfa lights on the rear..i still have the ferrari taillights here.:cool:.and 4 round corvette taillights also( much like the newer lambo's, i am thinking about making a panel that looks like a newer ferrari rear end.i think it was an 360 type ferrari.:cool:.will try to get photos here.and in ther centre of the sail panel..a stylised spider in the centre of the panel;), with ' alfa romeo' below the spider..i have some drawings i made here at home, and got some cardboard from work to get a better idea on how to do this...the lic. plate will be mounted under the bumper( witch on my car, will be almost on the ground:eek::rolleyes:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Get a Ferrari... ;-)

Your plan brings to mind some pictures from eBay of late. :p

Personally I think that if you want to drive a car that looks like a Ferrari, you should get a Ferrari...:rolleyes:

In the other hand, the rear end of the S3 spider is begging for improvement. I usually recommend the Zender spoiler kit (instead of the rubber items), but some tasteful treatment of the rear lights might do the trick... show us some of your drawings!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I don't think that there is anything sacred about Alfa tail lights. I say have fun. As long as the execution meets your standards I don't see where there would be a problem with changing tail lights.

Be sure to post pics when done.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
In the other hand, the rear end of the S3 spider is begging for improvement..........some tasteful treatment of the rear lights might do the trick... show us some of your drawings!
I agree....I do not want to offend any S3 owners, and I realize that many of us like the S3 look, but personally, IMHO it is not the best looking Spider, especially from the rear. If I owned one, although I prefer to keep my Alfa's (as close as possible to) original I personally would not mind getting rid of the spoiler, and getting some different lights in...I would probably opt for S2 lights, but would be open to other suggestions, like maybe some round lights

·
Registered
612 Posts
go ahead, you may have to do some fiberglass work, but at the same time you can get rid of that foamy spoiler from trunk... i may have a few creative ideas, but i`ll keep em for myself

·
Registered
936 Posts
personally, i rather like the way the S3 tail lights nestle into the space between the bumper and spoiler. after seeing that modified blue car on E-Bay, i must say that Ferrari lights put there don't look right to me. but what do i know, i'm only a designer . . . :rolleyes:

of course, its your car, so you can do what you want. my suggestion would be to fabricate a panel with the said tail lights, that can be bolted in place without modifying the sheetmetal underneath. this way, if you ever want to change it back, or sell the car later, no permanent changes have been done ! :cool:

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
*insert smartarse comment here*

People that spend time staring at the back end of an S3 til they hate it don't in thruth really mind the look of the car, they are just subconciously frustrated with their inability to pass.....

:D

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i plan to do it rather tastefully.. i am going to try a few designs on a cardboard mock up, and see what looks the best, i promise,, it won't be ulgy:)

·
Registered
612 Posts
i plan to do it rather tastefully.. i am going to try a few designs on a cardboard mock up, and see what looks the best, i promise,, it won't be ulgy:)
take photos, and post your ideas, maybe somebody can add something, or "steal" your idea :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
i plan to do it rather tastefully..
YOU THINK...:rolleyes: I personally prefer the rear style of the S3 better than that of the S2 or the S4 (I own an S4 simply because of the power steering :p), especially when it's equipped with the Quad kit. But again, like others have said, it's your car so I'll just sit back and enjoy as this modification progresses.

P.S. I remember seeing an yellow S2 with Colvair taillights :eek: and strange treatment for the front bumper opening but I cannot seem to find the pictures of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts