Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
I cannot figure out what it does, let alone where its attached... I think I recognize a muffler hanger and the bottom of the gas tank but I still don't have a perspective of what this is supposed to do.

KKKKFL

·
Registered
what part?
9,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ford mustang.. the designer that did this, took out the upper links and put an ' alfa like' set up in.. our rear suspenions must be a good idea:)

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
ford mustang.. the designer that did this, took out the upper links and put an ' alfa like' set up in.. our rear suspenions must be a good idea:)
I don't see anything there that would help keep the axle centered. I'm assuming this is used in conjunction with a panhard bar or a watts link?

bs

·
Registered
what part?
9,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they use a 'watts' linkage

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
"I don't see anything there that would help keep the axle centered"
I think the part at the top left does. I think it makes a V to the axle but out of frame on the installed pic.
So that V will make 2 triangles on each side. Composed of the trialling arm (1) the Axel (2) and one half of the V (3)

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
they use a 'watts' linkage
There are Alfa solutions out there that do the same thing, and look a lot simpler. I've got the Performatek watts link kit in my Spider, it works very well, and has a much simpler bar that bolts in where the trunion was.

bs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts