Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1961 - 1980 of 2022 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts

Merry Christmas I had a fun little running through the montera tunnel between Pacifica and montera. I hope enjoy the video nothing funner than running your car through a tunnel listening to the exhaust note

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Worked some more on the AC System. Universal Condenser, some channel and flat aluminum, some rivets, new fan and SS hardware to secure it to the frame.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Woke up my Alfa from its early winter nap and gave it a little exercise on these North Carolina mountain roads. It really enjoyed getting to stretch its legs. I did, too.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I replaced the door limit strap on my drivers side door. Thanks for all the ideas from previous posts. It’s a fiddly, and sometimes frustrating project, but it can be done. It helps to have relatively small hands and arms.
How did you get Trump to help you, small hands

·
Registered
61 Posts
On Christmas Day I replaced the stock O2 sensor on my '85 Spider Veloce with a Bosch 3 wire unit (model 15726 from Amazon). I decided to upgrade to this heated unit as the dual headers and mean the O2 sensor is further from the combustion chamber and slower to react.

I used the included posi-lok wire connectors that came with the unit and added two male connectors to the power/ground wires and connected them directly to the stock wiring of the exh sensor tripometer unit.

Took her out for a test drive and she definitely pulled harder and more confidently from a full stop. If you have a single wire s3 and headers I would recommend upgrading to a 3 wire. Next up - figuring out the best way to turn off the dash light or finding alternate power source for the new sensor.

Full disclosure I also added a hose clamp to the vacuum line that leads to the vacuum sensor under the parcel shelf and tweaked the idle.

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Pull the bulb. The light came on every 30,000 miles which is when you were suppose to replace the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Succeeded in getting my '93 Spider out twice in the past 7 days--61 degrees here in Annapolis, and the top down in December! Not sure how many more of these dry, sunny days we'll get in the weeks to come, but was excited to run the car and enjoy relatively empty roads on a Saturday afternoon. Happy New Year to everyone on the site!
Steve

1961 - 1980 of 2022 Posts