Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1901 - 1920 of 1935 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Since I had the head ported I needed to port match the intake manifold so I broke out the die grinder and got that done. Ordered new tires and made an appt. to get the wheels powder coated. Cant wait to get those old, hard tires off!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Adjusted the throttle linkage end cap at the throttle body's, reset the TPS, adjusted the peddle stop, changed the oil and filter, got 7.5 gal. of 110 fuel mixed it 50/50 with 93 premium no ethanol and put it in the tank, plus wiping the body and wheels down with a quick wax detail spray, shined the tires and took it off the jack stands.

Ready for the December driving!

Got the Spider out 14 times last month.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Adjusted the throttle linkage end cap at the throttle body's, reset the TPS, adjusted the peddle stop, changed the oil and filter, got 7.5 gal. of 110 fuel mixed it 50/50 with 93 premium no ethanol and put it in the tank, plus wiping the body and wheels down with a quick wax detail spray, shined the tires and took it off the jack stands.

Ready for the December driving!

Got the Spider out 14 times last month.
Car is looking great Murray.

Where is JohnM these days?

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Thank you!

Usually this time of the year he cutting out rust and spreading bondo
HAHA.

Enrique has been quiet for the last several years.

I speak to him a few times a year.

Hopefully he will be back on this forum one day.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I wasn't very active on the forum for years after I bought an old BMW in 2012 but every since late 2018 I find myself here a lot. It be nice to see Enrique and JohnM here more!

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
I wasn't very active on the forum for years after I bought an old BMW in 2012 but every since late 2018 I find myself here a lot. It be nice to see Enrique and JohnM here more!
Yes - I am a veteran here and remember your hiatus!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Went to check-up on her... Taking forever but, the old girl is looking better... Isn't she?
DSC_3618.jpg
DSC_3622.jpg
DSC_3039.jpg

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
989 Posts
oday I went to Frank Zucchi Restorations tech session. I learned a new trick! When detailing your car. 1. wash with soap and water 2. wipe down with glass cleaner to remove grease and old wax. 3. apply wax. 4. dress the rubber trim. 5. clean the glass. 6. remove the wax and buff to shine. What I like about this method was, when you dress the rubber you always get some stuff on the paint. If you leave the wax on and buff it off after you finish detailing, all the residue is removed as you buff off the wax!!!! Here is a couple of photos I took today. View attachment 1604010 View attachment 1604011 View attachment 1604012 View attachment 1604013 View attachment 1604014 View attachment 1604015 View attachment 1604016
Did you notice the 250 GT SWB in primer?

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
I talk to Enrique every month during Alfa Romeo Owners Club video conferences, and I see John M occasionally in one of his Ferrari's. Murray, will you be at the 2020 AROC convention in Colorado Springs?. I betcha John will be there. Spider thread content; I will be there with my '76

... It be nice to see Enrique and JohnM here more!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I talk to Enrique every month during Alfa Romeo Owners Club video conferences, and I see John M occasionally in one of his Ferrari's. Murray, will you be at the 2020 AROC convention in Colorado Springs?. I betcha John will be there. Spider thread content; I will be there with my '76
I am going to Colorado Springs, taking my Alfa too. No racing through, plan on signing up for the driving tour instead.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I took notice of conedriver and msiert's posts mentioning heading to Colorado Springs in July for the AROC Convention. We were just in Denver over Thanksgiving visiting our son, and had a lengthy discussion about bringing the spider to Colorado next summer and doing some touring in addition to the Convention. I really enjoyed the Pittsburgh Convention this year, and drove from Annapolis. Driving through the Rockies with the top down sounds like a great way to spend a couple of weeks in late July. Are you planning to ship your spiders to Colorado?

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
I missed the Pittsburgh convention waiting for a knee replacement. We drove our 1971 1750 Spider from Kentucky to the 1973 AROC convention held in Aspen, but will be bringing the '76 dedicated autocross Spider on a trailer behind our motorhome. While the spider is street licensed, it's not really suitable for street driving so, assuming there will be a pre convention tour, will rent a car.

I took notice of conedriver and msiert's posts mentioning heading to Colorado Springs in July for the AROC Convention. We were just in Denver over Thanksgiving visiting our son, and had a lengthy discussion about bringing the spider to Colorado next summer and doing some touring in addition to the Convention. I really enjoyed the Pittsburgh Convention this year, and drove from Annapolis. Driving through the Rockies with the top down sounds like a great way to spend a couple of weeks in late July. Are you planning to ship your spiders to Colorado?

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Took the Spider out today for about a 50 mile drive.

Attachments

1901 - 1920 of 1935 Posts