Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1881 - 1886 of 1886 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I'm going to install a deep pan on the passenger side so I will be trying your method, only thing I'm tiring to figure out is how to disconnect and pull the sway bar, IAP sport springs and a 29 mm sway bay will make it a little harder then a stock setup I bet?

Any tips on getting the sway bar off the pan?

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm going to install a deep pan on the passenger side so I will be trying your method, only thing I'm tiring to figure out is how to disconnect and pull the sway bar, IAP sport springs and a 29 mm sway bay will make it a little harder then a stock setup I bet?

Any tips on getting the sway bar off the pan?

Front or rear bar?

The front removes extremely easily. The rear is a bit more tricky only because the diff is in the way.

Dropped the rear springs yesterday afternoon and swapped. Can now sits level from driver to passenger side and is 3/4" lower all around.

Springs are a bit more stiff but nothing silly for the street. Oil pan is approximately 5.25" from the ground.

·
Registered
91 Posts
So excited, lots of progress last weekend ahead of early winter hibernation!

Down in the weeds with Alfaholics rear trackday/race springs, and a front Alfaholics adjustable small spring kit. Bilsteins all around, Powerflex race bushings on the rear with "replica" dimpled trailing arms (a PITA to make, around 4 hours of labor per arm! Definitely recommend the purchase of the Alfaholics parts over the DIY route, especially if you don't have your own machine shop.)

Before anyone complains too much: Car is a junkyard rescue with replacement door sills and lower fender panels. Lots of cut off rusty panels too, sadly. :(

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Pulled a bunch of stuff to get access to my throttle linkage today.

Got lucky that this original plastic end link decided to break in my driveway after a drive yesterday.

Thankfully Centerline carriers metal ones to replace it.
image.jpeg

1881 - 1886 of 1886 Posts