Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1881 - 1900 of 1926 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I'm going to install a deep pan on the passenger side so I will be trying your method, only thing I'm tiring to figure out is how to disconnect and pull the sway bar, IAP sport springs and a 29 mm sway bay will make it a little harder then a stock setup I bet?

Any tips on getting the sway bar off the pan?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm going to install a deep pan on the passenger side so I will be trying your method, only thing I'm tiring to figure out is how to disconnect and pull the sway bar, IAP sport springs and a 29 mm sway bay will make it a little harder then a stock setup I bet?

Any tips on getting the sway bar off the pan?

Front or rear bar?

The front removes extremely easily. The rear is a bit more tricky only because the diff is in the way.

Dropped the rear springs yesterday afternoon and swapped. Can now sits level from driver to passenger side and is 3/4" lower all around.

Springs are a bit more stiff but nothing silly for the street. Oil pan is approximately 5.25" from the ground.

·
Registered
98 Posts
So excited, lots of progress last weekend ahead of early winter hibernation!

Down in the weeds with Alfaholics rear trackday/race springs, and a front Alfaholics adjustable small spring kit. Bilsteins all around, Powerflex race bushings on the rear with "replica" dimpled trailing arms (a PITA to make, around 4 hours of labor per arm! Definitely recommend the purchase of the Alfaholics parts over the DIY route, especially if you don't have your own machine shop.)

Before anyone complains too much: Car is a junkyard rescue with replacement door sills and lower fender panels. Lots of cut off rusty panels too, sadly. :(

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Pulled a bunch of stuff to get access to my throttle linkage today.

Got lucky that this original plastic end link decided to break in my driveway after a drive yesterday.

Thankfully Centerline carriers metal ones to replace it.
image.jpeg

·
Premium Member
3,543 Posts
What kind of exhaust is peeking out from under the rocker panel?

View attachment 1604234

Before anyone complains too much: Car is a junkyard rescue with replacement door sills and lower fender panels. Lots of cut off rusty panels too, sadly. :(

View attachment 1604236
[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Started to tackle doing the CSS wiring mod and putting a fuel pump relay in but got hung up because I need some different sized ring ends. Next time I trek into town.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Finished those items off. Along the way discovered that the spade connector on the bottom of my inertia switch would sometimes loose connection inside if I wiggled the wire just so. I took that apart to investigate, ending up soldering that joint.

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
Finished those items off. Along the way discovered that the spade connector on the bottom of my inertia switch would sometimes loose connection inside if I wiggled the wire just so. I took that apart to investigate, ending up soldering that joint.
Since you have the topped taped down. You might as well just connect the wires together and do away with it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The saga continues.
Most of the botched-up plastic surgery is now hidden behind a (hopefully) thin layer of filler, and the left side isn't fighting for attention with the right side, and the front end isn't trying to scratch the back side, the spider is now about ready to get painted.
Now that much of the "original originality" has gone out the window and the shell is mostly made of metal which hasn't ever been remotely close to Milano, I'm pretty much resolved to give her a more "contemporary" metallic look instead of its original nero.
Thinking Blu Montecarlo (092),which to my eyes is a shade darker than Blu Misano (356) and, I don't know, may be a tad more reserved and fitting the age of the old girl.
What do you guys think?
Screenshot_20191121-152610.jpg
Screenshot_20191121-152304.jpg
received_537310763719517.jpg
received_564189951078596.jpg
DSC_3602.jpg
DSC_3600.jpg
DSC_3599.jpg

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Took advantage of a dry (but cold!) day here in Annapolis to get out and enjoy the Spider. A nice 35 mile run on rural roads-trying to squeeze in as much time on the road as travel and weather permit. Also installed a replacement reflector lens in the door panel on my Alfa--not sure when/where I lost the original. A tough part to find, but Larry at Alfa Parts Exchange came through with a pair that I grabbed--never know when I'll need another. APE was great to work with, and shipping was well done through USPS.
IMG_1324.jpg

·
Registered
363 Posts
The saga continues.
Most of the botched-up plastic surgery is now hidden behind a (hopefully) thin layer of filler, and the left side isn't fighting for attention with the right side, and the front end isn't trying to scratch the back side, the spider is now about ready to get painted.
Now that much of the "original originality" has gone out the window and the shell is mostly made of metal which hasn't ever been remotely close to Milano, I'm pretty much resolved to give her a more "contemporary" metallic look instead of its original nero.
Thinking Blu Montecarlo (092),which to my eyes is a shade darker than Blu Misano (356) and, I don't know, may be a tad more reserved and fitting the age of the old girl.
What do you guys think? View attachment 1604647 View attachment 1604648 View attachment 1604649 View attachment 1604650 View attachment 1604651 View attachment 1604652 View attachment 1604653

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk
I like the lighter color

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
Today I drove my spider to La Honda at the top of the mountain. When I got there, there was 2 C4 one red and a rented blue one out of San Francisco. I got a photo with the red one. The driver told me it was his daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Took advantage of a WET day in NC to final pull out the gages to clean off that foggy glass and prepare to put in the LEDs when they arrive; put new tires on, pull the rad out for a deep clean/descale, and keep hunting for the source of that rattle in the suspension. Phew!

1881 - 1900 of 1926 Posts