Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1801 - 1820 of 2023 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Rockville Antique and Classic Car Show

Good turnout of Alfas today at the annual Rockville Car Show--over 400 total vintage cars. We had 12 from the AROC Capital Chapter, mostly spiders and a great looking Montreal. Also had a 939--very rare here in the Washington DC area. Perfect October conditions--sunny and 62 degrees. Top up on the way (50 degrees at 9:00 a.m.) to Rockville, but absolutely down for the 50 mile/one hour drive back to Annapolis. Also a good showing by DC Fiats--several nice 124s and a couple of 850s.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Doesn’t count really but I pretty much finished motor install on GTV. Had some hiccups along the way but managed thru them. Now, going for a drive in my dream spider!!

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
I think I finished my doors today. New weatherstripping that I purchased from Classic Alfa. It was a little narrower than the weatherstripping that I got from IAP several years ago but looks like it will d the trick. The nice thing is tha the end plugs fit really snug and don't fly out when you close the doors. So new door limiters, new vapor barriers, new door cards, new sound barriers, and new weatherstripping and end plugs. Not sure I have anything left to do.

·
Registered
417 Posts
San Francisco was in the high 80deg. Wow what a October. I went into my garage to drive my Spider to work and I had crank it a few times and no start, I thought I was going to drive the F150 today. One last crank of the starter and it started! I just love driving my Alfa. Photo was from my work place garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
My daughter wanted to go topless to the high school football game....sounded like a great time to get the Spider out of the garage.
??!!! I hope you meant "with the Alfa's roof down"!! Otherwise the Principal might be upset, and the boys club would go nuts. LOL

Robert

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
For reasons that don't really matter anymore, when I had my car painted, I didn't trust the painter to paint the wheel wells without getting overspray on all of the suspension parts. Because my car has sport springs, the fact that the wells were red was not apparent unless you were focusing on them, but it bothered me. So I ordered some rattle-can paint in the (close-to) right color.

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
For reasons that don't really matter anymore, when I had my car painted, I didn't trust the painter to paint the wheel wells without getting overspray on all of the suspension parts. Because my car has sport springs, the fact that the wells were red was not apparent unless you were focusing on them, but it bothered me. So I ordered some rattle-can paint in the (close-to) right color.
Looks good Rich!

Doug

·
Registered
417 Posts

Look great

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I had a top down drive to the hardware store. Had to get a gallon of roof patch.

Be careful Ken.

When I worked at Palo Alto Datsun in the late seventies, we had a guy with a Z run to the paint store for a 5 gallon bucket of paint. He opened the decklid and set it in there. On the way home, somebody pulled in front of him, he slammed on the brakes, the bucket tipped forward and the top came off. Insurance bought him nearly a complete interior. That paint was DEEP!!!

1801 - 1820 of 2023 Posts