Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1781 - 1800 of 1881 Posts

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Really bored today
So I pulled out the Burman box and started cleaning.
This is the box I picked up with an 82 Spider parts car. It came with the car along with a treasure trove of other parts as well.
This is what it looked like before.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Burman box after cleaning
No cracks!
Not sure if I should refurbish or sell. I have a good functioning box in mine now but a spare might be good to have around.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
After a long slow recovery from a PITA illness I've been slowly getting my '89 S3 back together. Before I got sick in January I had it completely ripped aapart to replace clutch assembly.

Ran into a roadblock a ccouple of weeks ago when I realized I was no longer able to move transmission off the trans jack enough to get situated. Thankfully a very strong co worker was able to stop by and assist me.

Now able to start putting back together and get her back on the road soon. Also having the case of "while I'm in here". Also replacing Giubo (original was on it's last leg) & U-Joints.

Thanks for all the education & technical assistance.

M5

·
Registered
862 Posts
My Wife and I took the day off from house chores to take the Spider out on a Leaf Peeping trip with the NJ chapter of AROC. I was having too good a time to take any photos though.

Mo in NJ
78 Spider
A bit of Rust, but running!

·
Registered
28 Posts
We had a beautiful fall day here in the mountains of North Carolina, so I took the Alfa for a drive. The leaves are 2-3 weeks from peak color, we think, so everything is still green. I'm so lucky to have roads like this to enjoy less than a half mile from my house, and literally hundreds of miles of roads like this just in my own county. And an Alfa to go explore them!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
This morning I noticed that my exhaust was almost on the floor.

After careful inspection, the rubber exhaust hanger that holds it up broke off.

Mechanic was able to replace it with a metal bracket so I should not have the problem of it breaking again.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
Installed Zender spoiler today. Doesnt use existing hardware, mount holes were filled with rubber and had to gouge it out and chase threads with a tap. Main piece isn't as wide as the trunk lid, side pieces are too short and it doesnt conform well to the body. Disappointed in the quality ( just a chunk of rubber), the fit stinks and is WAY overpriced for what it is.... I will make it work but there has to be a better solution.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Installed Zender spoiler today. Doesnt use existing hardware, mount holes were filled with rubber and had to gouge it out and chase threads with a tap. Main piece isn't as wide as the trunk lid, side pieces are too short and it doesnt conform well to the body. Disappointed in the quality ( just a chunk of rubber), the fit stinks and is WAY overpriced for what it is.... I will make it work but there has to be a better solution.
A couple of pics from the Zender install. Although I would have liked it to have a better fit, It surely is an improvement from the stock one. When I do something ( not sure what yet) with the rear bumper I will tie everything together I bit better, maybe eliminate the side marker?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Installed the Rear Main Seal in the 67's 1600 twice.

First time without the Oil Slinger
Second time with the Oil Slinger installed
and the good one, the corteco, as well:)

(if there were signs of leakage from that horseshoe cover, you should check it for straightness.....the bolts can make little indentations around the boltholes in the plate and then it can leak....but if it was fine beforehand,leave it be!)

1781 - 1800 of 1881 Posts