Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1661 - 1680 of 1886 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yes if you going to drive your Alfa on the street things will happen. I was side swipe last year, I had someone flick a cigarette out there window and land on my passenger seat and burn a small hole in my new seat cover, and last Saturday morning I went in to work at 4:30am to get somethings done. I work in San Francisco and street park. When I came out a 9am to go home there was a large chip in the paint behind the passenger door. Thank goodness my Spider is not a trailer queen. Do get me wrong my spider is very clean but life happens. At the end of the day I really enjoy driving my Alfa ever chance I get!
View attachment 1583732

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it is Friday and my spider happily took me to work and home again. HWY 101 in the Bay Area is very rough. As I was driving and enjoying how smooth me car was running down the road, I was thinking how well 34 year old stock shocks were working. What a great car the Alfa Romeo is! Have a fun holiday weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
489 Posts
Stripped vinyl off and cleaned front bow, wire brushed, sanded, primed and painted top frame to prepare for the new Robbins top I have waiting in the corner. Also took the dremel with a wire wheel on it and shined up the cable turnbuckles.... Got a few things to order before I install the top but still have at least a couple of months of sunshine around here before the rainy season....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Stripped vinyl off and cleaned front bow, wire brushed, sanded, primed and painted top frame to prepare for the new Robbins top I have waiting in the corner. Also took the dremel with a wire wheel on it and shined up the cable turnbuckles.... Got a few things to order before I install the top but still have at least a couple of months of sunshine around here before the rainy season....
Pictures of shiny turnbuckles??

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Refurb trolley jack— got this thing on a local “free /dump ready” group. Honestly when I picked it up it looked like it had spent 15 years outdoors under the pine tree in Michigan.

So far 12 ish hours let’s see how she goes tomorrow after paint settles and hardens up

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
Refurb trolley jack— got this thing on a local “free /dump ready” group. Honestly when I picked it up it looked like it had spent 15 years outdoors under the pine tree in Michigan.

So far 12 ish hours let’s see how she goes tomorrow after paint settles and hardens up
That looks like one of the original Lincoln jacks from the 80's. Those things were about 400.00 bucks back then.

Plus you couldn't kill them to save your life.

The alfa shop I worked at back in the 80's. We had a spider that went on a road test and the rusted out front spring pan blew the bottom out of it pin the front spring between the suspension and the ground. We took one of those jacks and jacked up the right front pulled the spring out then cranked up the car and drove it back to the shop with another guy sitting on the fender steering the jack.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Pictures of shiny turnbuckles??
Well, shiny may not be the word, but certainly cleaner and nicer than the oxidized pair that came out!

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Today, I bolted the engine back in place following timing belt change, new alternator and clutch. The 916 Spider requires dropping the frame first, then the engine. So, I made a special tool to help hold the engine without the sub-frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
Today, I bolted the engine back in place following timing belt change, new alternator and clutch. The 916 Spider requires dropping the frame first, then the engine. So, I made a special tool to help hold the engine without the sub-frame.
Beautiful car but wrong spider.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Went for a ride just before sunset

It is a pretty nice night here in north Texas. So I stopped to take a few pictures.

Doug

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
Cleaned and used some 303 on the interior; fixed the digital clock; treated the leather seats and headrests; locked down some speaker grills, and set properly the 2 vents on the dash.... then called it a day.
Is yours a 1985 and is it the original color?

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
Verde Chiaro, metallizzato. Dopio Strato. (green, light, metallic, dual layer).
Original color and paint, yes. MY 1985, built 9/84.
I thought so. Alfa only used that color for the 85 model year.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Cleaned and used some 303 on the interior; fixed the digital clock; treated the leather seats and headrests; locked down some speaker grills, and set properly the 2 vents on the dash; adjusted the parking brake;.... then called it a day.

How do you like the 303. Is it really making the surface as slick as it clams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
S4

Since it was time for stateinspection i cleaned the engine from below as they are sensitive on oil stains nowadays. Noticed that the front crankseal is where the oil is coming from. How much work is it to change the crankseal and is there any instruction on this somewhere? Naturally "Alfie" passed the stateinspection!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yesterday, really. Replaced worn steering idler unit on wife's '89 Veloce. Not bad for an afternoon's endeavor; an extension magnet is most helpful. Showered, dined, went for a test drive. Oh, what a difference it made!

1661 - 1680 of 1886 Posts