Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1581 - 1600 of 1886 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
was out most of saturday in the spider. sunday started playing with the steering wheel. knocked off the black paint and brushed it. deciding if i am happy and will clear it over or play with it more later and just wax it now to protect the metal.

Paint it black - You did a get job prepping the surface for paint. I my opinion the metal looks just does not fit in with the overall look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
545 Posts
Paint it black - You did a get job prepping the surface for paint. I my opinion the metal looks just does not fit in with the overall look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

im gonna live with it for awhile and decide what i want to do with it. it was already black, so no sense in rushing to paint it again.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
lucked out maybe?

Bought a box of 'old car radios' (internet auction) up in North County based on some fuzzy, out of focus photos showing a box with three? car radios. I studied the photo and realized that one of the radios looks like a Blaupunkt frankfurt. Paid $21 for the box and have to pick it up by the end of the weekend. Also paid 21 bucks for a box of about 5 'vintage car headlights' and another 17 for a shelf FULL of lead additives (Wynn Xtend, Bardahl, and Lucas products).

Figured why not. Anyone ever use these in the pre-Cat cars (I have 71 and 74)?

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
well I picked it up and its an ever better story-- the radio is a blau new yorker. 100% complete with knobs, faceplate, and what I think is the signal seeker external box! Has AM/FM and SW bands. 1960's vintage I am sure ; high end fare on Mercedes, Porsche and Ferrari. Probably too much for the spider but I need to think about it. I'm told this is a pretty rare radio and in great demand, I'd like to find a manual for it --

·
Registered
987 Posts
Did some typical schmoozing on the interior over the weekend. Wasn’t dirty. Never is. But both spiders were at the house so I did the ‘69 on sat and the ‘84 on sun. Of course it took all day because there might have been some Beers involved 😃😃😃

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
Ok, the convertible top discussion, again.
It is time to buy the new top so when summer is over I have something to do. Which one? Ez-on, Robbins, etc. I think I have heard good things about Robbins (Stayfast cloth) and a few others and then top of the line German Mohair. I found a place called Autoberry that were inexpensive, then I read the reviews and understood why.... EBay has a company that proclaims to deal the Robbins top for around 500 bucks shipped. I would appreciate any input from those who have performed this task and have a preference. I already have downloaded the installation guide and am prepared, (I think)....

·
Registered
492 Posts
It is time to buy the new top so when summer is over I have something to do. Which one? Ez-on, Robbins, etc. I think I have heard good things about Robbins (Stayfast cloth) and a few others and then top of the line German Mohair. I found a place called Autoberry that were inexpensive, then I read the reviews and understood why.... EBay has a company that proclaims to deal the Robbins top for around 500 bucks shipped. I would appreciate any input from those who have performed this task and have a preference. I already have downloaded the installation guide and am prepared, (I think)....
didnt post first time?

·
Registered
272 Posts
It’s a nice day today for a ride

We are having an amazingly cool summer so far in Dallas. Not one 100 degree day as we get ready to say goodbye to July. We usually call summers here the 100 days of hell. Right now it’s in the mid 80’s, so I’m out for a ride in the Alfa.

Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
6,826 Posts
Many topics on this.

Do a search but here is what I did:

https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-105-115-series-1966-1994/556730-new-top-new-seats-92-spider-veloce.html

·
Registered
492 Posts
I installed silicone vacuum hoses that I bought per @SkiBum in this thread. Worked great for a good price, but 8 mm for the brake booster seems a little small.
Really? You think so? I will have to check it out on mine tomorrow and see.... if it is maybe I should amend that list. I kinda thought maybe the smallest size coulda gone up one size but I surely wanted to make sure they were all tight.... thanks for the input, I am glad someone else tried out their hose, I am very pleased with their product so far.

1581 - 1600 of 1886 Posts