Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1441 - 1460 of 1886 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I took an evening cruise with slow creek and his '78 spider The day had been in the low nineties so it was a perfect time to cool off a bit and give the red cars an Italian tune-up.

Attachments

·
Registered
543 Posts
Changed oil and ebrake boot Friday night. Drove all day Saturday. The way it should be

Attachments

·
Weaving a Spider's Web.
1,154 Posts
Went to the Father's Day Italian/French Car show at Waterfront Park in West Van, BC today. Hmm I wonder why it posted sideways? I took the pic straight on. :) sorry about that.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Changed my gear oil in me Spider. Tranny and Diff.
It just wasn't shifting nicely. I don't remember the last time I changed it in my 35 years of ownership.
Made a huge difference.
If you remember the last time you changed your gear oil or if you done it at all.
You should! Took about 45 minutes

·
Registered
543 Posts
Changed oil and ebrake boot Friday night. Drove all day Saturday. The way it should be

Car looks great and you look like you are having a fun time. I really like the speedo and tack. That really give the Spider the vintage look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its definitely something different then what I am used to with our GTV6. Completely different feel and experience in every way.

Attachments

·
Registered
543 Posts
couple glamour shots from saturday morning from a friend.

and sunday it was rainy so i decided to clean the front suspension and paint the calipers black to protect them from corrosion.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
This Midsummer weekend I drove around in the sun, just relaxing and enjoying the summer in my 1967 Osso. I have an anti theft device that also keeps an eye of where my Osso is. Another toy just for fun.

I love my Osso.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Eh, thought I would quickly check valve shimming while it was easy to do. One stud pulled up on torque up...... sigh insert helicoil, carry on....

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
Ouch. Maybe favorable it let go now? 15 ft. lbs. of torque ain't much, I'm always concerned using a standard 3/8" torque wrench being accurate at such a low setting....

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I thought the sway bar was to keep your car flat on the road. What advantage is it to disconnect your sway?

I'll know more as I drive it more.

If you aren't a spirited driver, surely no advantage.

Others here have done it and maybe they'll chime in.

My first impressions are favorable.

·
Premium Member
3,534 Posts
Difference between stiffness of front & rear sway bars can make a car oversteer or understeer. Some feel the 105/115 chassis is basically understeering due to the angled roll axis (the front roll center is much lower than the rear roll center). The factory added the rear sway bar around 1970 to change the handling. After that, some people feel the cars oversteered too much so removing the rear bar changes the handling toward less oversteer / more understeer. Kinda like cutting the length of four chair legs when you want to shorten the chair height and having the thing come out level. Too much? not enough? it's a fine balance and there is no one answer. Some of the European aftermarket vendors favor a stiffer front bar and removing the rear bar while the Americans offer stiffer front and rear sway bars.

Edit: "The only difference between oversteer and understeer is which end goes through the fence first"

I thought the sway bar was to keep your car flat on the road. What advantage is it to disconnect your sway?

1441 - 1460 of 1886 Posts