Alfa Romeo Forums banner

701 - 720 of 1871 Posts

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
What did the guy charge for the seat upholstery work? I’m next for this so wondering what is the price range for this work?

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Too hot to do much yesterday - big change today - barely got to 60 degrees, and was overcast. It was a good day for some exterior cleaning and detailing. I put quite a bit of time into removing tar from lower panels. Some cleaned up better than others. First time using some of these Mercedes labeled products that my son bought for me with the bucket/stool from Goodwill 'Buy the Pound'.

Time for a Peroni

John

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi goats... the seat cost me $300 to have someone refit everything. Also one of the backing boards on the back of the seat was broken so this included him making new ones in some kind of plastic sheet.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I changed the gearbox oil to Redline 75W90NS and the diff oil to Redline 75W90. Then I cleaned the gearbox breathers and fitted a new inner boot. Then I tackled the scuttle drain hoses with the Dayco units mentioned in a previous thread.

Tomorrow I’ll finish putting together the center console and cleaning everything up interior wise, then deciding on if I want to tackle the installation of new upper control arms, Konis, IAP springs and a chassis stiffener tomorrow and this weekend or save it for later this summer. Hmmm..

Then I drove home in the X1/9.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
No Alfa for at least three weeks - went out for a run (I clock 40 to 50 miles a week). Was not watching where I was putting my foot and did some damage to my left foot and ankle. A real DS move on my part. No clutch for two or three weeks (no running as well). At least all the parts I ordered should be here by next weekend. One day I will learn I am not 25..... (nor 55).

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Got the new stainless back bumper installed, and the front bumper off. Some clean-up up front before the new split stainless steel bumpers & grill go on...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I made SOME progress getting my front Euro-style bumpers on... I got the 'heart' installed.

(I'm not too happy with the purchased bumper mounting brackets. The bolt holes are way too big, and the placement of the holes is off. I'm spending quite a bit of time modifying them for the price!!)

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
Organized shelves and work space.
Alfa Spider parts here, Dio-Tipo Alfa Kit Car parts there, GT6/Buick parts in that corner, etc.
Trying to be better organized.
Also measured an alcove area to confirm that one of the Spiders would fit and make room to get the El Camino into the building so that I have more room to complete the Dio Tipo Alfa project THIS year.
Will be doing more of this all week.

701 - 720 of 1871 Posts