Alfa Romeo Forums banner

641 - 660 of 1874 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I replaced the fuel line in the engine compartment in anticipation of remounting it’s rebuilt Weber 40DCOE carbs. The weather has been so bad and cold up here, I can’t believe it’s almost May and I have not gotten this car back together and in the road.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
It snowed Saturday night... BUT it's going to to be high-60's (F) today, so I declare it to be "Drive Your Spider to Work Day!!"

You can quote me, if anyone says different :)

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
Forgot that classic Alfa parts are often over-priced like Ferrari. :(
Paid $135.00 for two oil-pan gaskets, a water pump gasket, and a front crank seal!
Now I see the point of the guys addicted to gobs of red silicone sealant.
I will use Hylomar and be able to reuse the gaskets.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Forgot that classic Alfa parts are often over-priced like Ferrari. :(
Paid $135.00 for two oil-pan gaskets, a water pump gasket, and a front crank seal!
Now I see the point of the guys addicted to gobs of red silicone sealant.
I will use Hylomar and be able to reuse the gaskets.
I know what you're saying - but a set of gaskets for my jeep liberty is $123... and KEYS for my honda van were $415!!!
From that perspective, Alfa parts aren't running too high!

It's all relative...
(still more than I'd like to pay, mind you... :) )

·
Registered
33 Posts

Found this stack of five pristine S4 spiders while at the race shop. Apparently the owner of the cars buys them from all over the country and ships them to this shop for a looking over and storage. This was the latest batch that he hasn’t seen yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
We were on the road for the first time this season. A quick trip to the mechanic for a safety check and then just some bumming around. Good therapy!

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Round trip to Concord, NH for a meeting yesterday. Short ride today at noon for a meeting less than a mile from home. Scheduled by state safety inspection tomorrow morning. Will be ready for club tour on Saturday.

It was winter Monday - rainy and 50 (barely) degrees, spring and about 65 yesterday, today we are headed to high 80's for a 2-day bout of summer.

John

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
One more run in the Spider - out to dinner with my lady - before the rain settled in to stay for a few days. Sigh.

Oh well, there's always stuff to tinker with on a 40 year old car - like this steering wheel badge transplant (see photo). It's not vintage-correct, but it came to me along with a pile of misc parts, and it's far nicer looking than what was there...

(images will NOT go in the order I want, for some reason!!)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Reassembling the rear suspension on the autocross Spider. The torque link cross brace that replaces the T-bar and accompanies the panhard bar broke in two at last week's autocross. The super-sticky Hoosier autocross tires have previously fractured the panhard mount in another location, so there are more forces at play here compared to the road race environment this modification was intended for. My good welder buddy came to the rescue yesterday with repair and reinforcement.

We have another event this Sunday so maybe I can remember to take some Go Pro video.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Reassembling the rear suspension on the autocross Spider. The torque link cross brace that replaces the T-bar and accompanies the panhard bar broke in two at last week's autocross. The super-sticky Hoosier autocross tires have previously fractured the panhard mount in another location, so there are more forces at play here compared to the road race environment this modification was intended for. My good welder buddy came to the rescue yesterday with repair and reinforcement.

We have another event this Sunday so maybe I can remember to take some Go Pro video.
Just an indication of the magnitude of the G forces at work, with those Hoosiers! And, we are talking about all those loads going into gusseted sheet metal, however strong it may be. Amazing...

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
After two years of restoring the Spider, the garage was a total mess. I spent the entire day cleaning it up.
Um, did you WAX the floor???

I'm impressed, and wondering if you could visit my garage...? :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
After nine hours cleaning mine, I think I'm done for a while.

I really like the light blue color! That was truly out of the box thinking and all the other details. I have a S3 1984 and the fuel injection and the ****pit are some of my favorite features of the the pre 86 models. The Valance under the front bumper and the Chrome mirrors is a really nice touch. At first I had a hard time figuring out what year model your car was until I saw the ****pit. Great Job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

641 - 660 of 1874 Posts