Alfa Romeo Forums banner
4481 - 4500 of 4813 Posts

· Registered
8,175 Posts
It was All Italian Day shine and show in Alameda California, to include all Italian cars and motorcycles. This event is hosted by the Northern California Alfa Romeo club for the benefit Special Olympics. My wife and I volunteered for an hour or so. Enjoy the car show and had a nice lunch under the shade tree.

Did not take too many pictures but all in all it was a great time. The pearlescent white C4 was very good looking, the green GTV reminds me of my father’s car, the red GTV with the modern twin spark motor in it was awesome and super clean looking. And my little S3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great photos.

Thanks for sharing Ken.

· Registered
‘84 Spider 2.0
165 Posts
Man, I blew that one guessing the top! Hungary has really cool plates.
Actually this is the temporary license plate only (I-22 stands the hungarian word for “temporary” = “ideiglenes”, 22 is the issue year. The regular ones are AA-AA-123 format, no indication or reference for the state or region (unlike the german etc plates for example).
Historic vehicles has OT-AA-123 format, where OT = oldtimer = older than 30yrs. I go for that plate, but until I can get that, i can drive this temporary one.

· Premium Member
1971 Spider (USA) 1750 Spica, 1974 Spider, 1976 Spider, 1981 Spider
593 Posts
Actually this is the temporary license plate only (I-22 stands the hungarian word for “temporary” = “ideiglenes”, 22 is the issue year. The regular ones are AA-AA-123 format, no indication or reference for the state or region (unlike the german etc plates for example).
Historic vehicles has OT-AA-123 format, where OT = oldtimer = older than 30yrs. I go for that plate, but until I can get that, i can drive this temporary one.
Similar in Croatia. The oldtimer plates have format CC-PV-NNNN, where CC=city of issue, PV signifies historical vehicle (Povijesno Vozilo), and NNNN=3 or 4 digits of your choice (if available). My 71 Spider will be ZG-PV-1750 (1750 engine).

· Registered
‘84 Spider 2.0
165 Posts
Similar in Croatia. The oldtimer plates have format CC-PV-NNNN, where CC=city of issue, PV signifies historical vehicle (Povijesno Vozilo), and NNNN=3 or 4 digits of your choice (if available). My 71 Spider will be ZG-PV-1750 (1750 engine).
If I don’t succeed with OT, than this will be
AL-FA-115 😁

· Premium Member
78 Posts
Happier! Last week my Spider failed the technical inspection for the first time. In Germany we also have the so called H-Kennzeichen (vehicles older than 30 years, which have to meet certain standards). Without successful technical inspection, no H-license-plate. :cry:

However, now I have 4 weeks to fix the defects, which of course requires test drives within this time! Have me then first consoled with a small test drive (see youtube here from September, 30th). 😎

Ergo: the work continues ...

· Registered
‘84 Spider 2.0
165 Posts
Happier! Last week my Spider failed the technical inspection for the first time. In Germany we also have the so called H-Kennzeichen (vehicles older than 30 years, which have to meet certain standards). Without successful technical inspection, no H-license-plate. :cry:

However, now I have 4 weeks to fix the defects, which of course requires test drives within this time! Have me then first consoled with a small test drive (see youtube here from September, 30th). 😎

Ergo: the work continues ...
Yes, H-Kennzeichen in Germany = OT in Hungary. Yesterday I went to pre-check for OT. They mentioned a few small issues (dust cover of brake rotors must be repainted, etc), but they recognised my spider’s rear tilts/slants to left.

Unfortunately they are right, the entire left side is 2cm lower than the right side (measured on the top of wheel arches). Bad news: so can it get NO OT plate. 😡

If interested, see the entire struggle in the separated discussion:Tilted spider

· Registered
‘84 Spider 2.0
165 Posts
Leveled the front of the car. Took out front springs, pans, spacers, etc., cleaned everything, repainted the parts (except bolts) combined springs and spacers, assembled everything together.
Now the front of the car is level (was slanting ca 20mm to left).

Automotive tire Wood Automotive wheel system Gas Bumper
White Black Automotive tire Line Font
Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Black Tread

· Premium Member
1986 Spider Graduate
228 Posts

· Registered
1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
553 Posts

· Premium Member
1986 Spider Graduate
228 Posts
Put down heavy duty vinyl garage flooring- the final step in my garage renovation. Replacing the slab was way beyond my budget. The vinyl will provide a slip resistant surface, is easy to clean, covers the cracks and stains, and provides a moisture and heat barrier to help in heating the space, and is much more comfortable than concrete. It has to flatten to remove the roll "humps" so I'll wait until spring to make the final adjustments, seam and trim it. Lots of Alfa work to be done this winter!!

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Rectangle Floor
Flooring Floor Wood Hall Hardwood

· Registered
‘84 Spider 2.0
165 Posts
Put down heavy duty vinyl garage flooring- the final step in my garage renovation. Replacing the slab was way beyond my budget. The vinyl will provide a slip resistant surface, is easy to clean, covers the cracks and stains, and provides a moisture and heat barrier to help in heating the space, and is much more comfortable than concrete. It has to flatten to remove the roll "humps" so I'll wait until spring to make the final adjustments, seam and trim it. Lots of Alfa work to be done this wint
I broke my bench vise (it was a cheap chinese one). So I bought a rusty, old fashioned vise, which was made in the times, when engineers made the design, not accountants or marketing people. As you can see on the first picture, my only goal was to have one with all its parts and having no cracks on the cast iron parts.

Wood Gas Brick Metal Building material

After some (a lot) steel brushing, chemical passivating the surface I used Hammerite to give new shine to it, washed, re-greased the screw and installed it on my bench. Now ready for the next 50yrs…
Vise Bicycle part Automotive tire Bumper Gas

· Registered
26 Posts
So I tried to start my '85 Graduate a while ago and for the first time in a long time it doesn't start, and, being a bit foggy on it, I could use some help. 've a lot of experience with the car, sort of fixed a lto of things and body work for 20yrs or so. It sits mostly, and I start it from time to time and it always starts. But now:

1. I turn the key, I hear the fuel pump, I turn the key to start it and it starts feebly and runs for 30 seconds or so. It sounds like it isn't getting any gas to my 79 year old ears.

2. I check/clean the air filter, take off and clean the connector to the air flow meter, no difference.

3. I pull off and replace all the fuel pump connectors, no difference.

4. Battery is good and I'm keeping a charger on it.

5. Fuel is probably ok but there is a far out chance something has happened to it. Far out, always have good preservative in it and mostly alcohol free fuel.

6. It started and ran fine a few months ago (as it always has for 20 yrs) and no changes have been made.

Any suggestions of what to check/test?

Thanks
Mike

4481 - 4500 of 4813 Posts