Alfa Romeo Forums banner
4461 - 4480 of 4636 Posts

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
It was raining pretty hard for a while, we were dry inside and no leaks. When got back in the car we were a little wet from the walk on the beach. The windows did steam up a little. The defroster took care of that issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man, I do like that true tan interior of those years! Looks especially good with black paint.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Replaced the brake master cyl today. Sadly mia regazza had developed a drinking problem. The lowest of the low, brake fluid. All the signs were there; persistent thirst for the devils brew, pedal was too firm etc. Alas, the problem had to be faced head on.

Yep, when I pulled it off, the booster was full. Not a big deal to suck it all out with the mighty vac pump but getting the lines fitted was a nightmare. Only one of the three fittings threaded in easily. In the end I had to get out the thread file and a needle file to get everything to play well. It took about an hour to figure out what was going on and getting the lines hooked up without fear of cross threading them. Weird, but hey it's Italian....

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
It was a wet morning here in the California Bay Area my wife went for a ride to the cost. Our Alfas are all weather cars.

During the end of the raining drive my front driver blinker stop working. The next day I went to change the light bulb and plastic screw heads just crumbled as o was trying to remove them. I took the whole assembly off the bumper and brought it to the work bench.
Now that I could see and I was able to grind off the rest of the plastic screw head off so I could remove the cover. I replaced the bulb and found some steal to fasten the cover back on. Work great!
I ordered the plastic screws and couple of others small items for Classic Alfa in England. Parts will arrive on Friday.
Love the Alfa world!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Man, I do like that true tan interior of those years! Looks especially good with black paint.
The color combination is not very Italian at all. It is actually very German. Black with a burgundy interior is much more Italian. I too really love this color combination. Every time I sit in my spider it makes me smile.

·
Premium Member
84 Spider Veloce
101 Posts
While you are there, you should replace the fuel lines too if you haven't already done so. Mine injector hoses looked fine but super brittle once I dug into them. Removing the plenum also makes replacing the passenger's side motor mount a breeze.
I'll second that. Replaced the motor mounts last year. This year did the fuel lines and injectors. The worst part of all those jobs was pulling the intake plenum.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
What I did today.

Started the engine and let idle it a bit before I noticed oil was spitting out the valve cover, I forgot to put the oil cap on😳 after topping off the oil!

Boy what a mess, spit it several feet in the air and fell all over the left side of engine bay, left front fender, bottom of hood, top part of hood.

Top off the oil again afterwards, a little less than 1/4 quart was lost.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

Today was a small project day. Parts from Classic/England. On my top I had a broken top hold down strap, leaver pull strap and leaver vibration strap. Lucky I bought two vibration straps. The first vibration strap I put on, the female snap ripped right out after the second test.
I used a nail from my grandfather (nail must of been in the glass jar for 70 year) I figured it was made out of quality steal. I made a pin out of it. Worked great.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
What I did today.

Started the engine and let idle it a bit before I noticed oil was spitting out the valve cover, I forgot to put the oil cap on😳 after topping off the oil!

Boy what a mess, spit it several feet in the air and fell all over the left side of engine bay, left front fender, bottom of hood, top part of hood.

Top off the oil again afterwards, a little less than 1/4 quart was lost.
Sounds like something I would do Murray, early in the morning before my second cup of coffee!

·
Registered
‘84 Spider 2.0
134 Posts
I changed oils and filters 2 days ago (Enigne Agip Novecento 20W50, Trans&Diif Agip Novecento 80W90 API GL-4). Yesterday I just had a ride, some 30km (20mi) in and around the city to wash throug the entire gearbox with the new oil. Greatly improved the gear changes, now smooth like butter.

And I started to hesitate about my riding height, but I try to open a new thread to that topic.

·
Premium Member
1986 Spider Graduate
184 Posts
Installed two new to me horns- sounds great! Thanks to member Delllta for providing them!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Another cheap but useful upgrade replacing the courtesy light bulbs with LED's. They worked so well that I ordered two more for the trunk and underhood lights.
Be careful taking the courtesy lights apart there are small springs and ball bearings that will go into low earth orbit if you're not careful. Well , even if you are actually.

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
It was All Italian Day shine and show in Alameda California, to include all Italian cars and motorcycles. This event is hosted by the Northern California Alfa Romeo club for the benefit Special Olympics. My wife and I volunteered for an hour or so. Enjoy the car show and had a nice lunch under the shade tree.

Did not take too many pictures but all in all it was a great time. The pearlescent white C4 was very good looking, the green GTV reminds me of my father’s car, the red GTV with the modern twin spark motor in it was awesome and super clean looking. And my little S3.

4461 - 4480 of 4636 Posts