Alfa Romeo Forums banner
4001 - 4020 of 4020 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I've gotten three compliments on my Spider so far:

Two were from people who said, "Nice Fiat!"

The other was from some lady probably in her late 70s who told me the car was "sexy". This left me feeling a little weird.

:oops:
Trust me- you won't feel weird when you're in your 70's.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

I just got my spider star smog today. Passed first try. The cost was $120.00 today. It took the owner of the shop took 20 minutes to recalibrate the machine to test the spider. The HC did increase from two years ago when I had a new California CAT. It was a very happy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It was a nice sunny day here in Edmonds Washington, so I took my 1973 Spider out for some exercise. Took this shot at Walnut Coffee where I stopped for a break from randomly driving around. The Spider ran great but took a while to warm up since it's been sitting a few months. Mike

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
1978 Spider project - now driving!
78 Posts
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Dry-docked the car for the winter. Did a roll (creep?) underneath, everything looks good, except the steering box is leaking pretty bad. Have to dig into that. Otherwise, normal leaking from the transmission and very little from the engine!

Looking forward to starting some winter projects on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
View attachment 1717854
Dry-docked the car for the winter. Did a roll (creep?) underneath, everything looks good, except the steering box is leaking pretty bad. Have to dig into that. Otherwise, normal leaking from the transmission and very little from the engine!

Looking forward to starting some winter projects on it.
I recently bought those same jack stands and they are really great!

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Spider 2.0, Alfa Romeo 166 3.0
180 Posts

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
I've never touched the injectors on my S4 from 1990 and it's only been driven around 60.000 km so 37.000 miles and running great!
Should i do this procedure?
Are there any instructions somewhere how to remove the injectors?
you know what they say, never touch a running system;)
if the hoses look good and no cracks, leave well alone as it is - you say yourself - "running great"

to remove them you have to remove the injector rail and make sure you don't lose the phenolic cups that tend to fall out, never to be found again!

If one day you really want to do it, Mr. injector uk is a top man and he has the correct kits for the S4 injectors too, with all the bits and bobs.
Site Disclaimer - Mr Injector UK

of course with effin' brexit now, popping things in the post is not as easy as it has been for the last 30 years
politicians of course always touch a running system......and break them:p

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Check the valve lash yesterday and while I‘m waiting for the new valve cover gasket to come in I used some metal cleaner to clean the valve cover. 😁

Question?
I am going to use Permatex (the right stuff) to attach the gasket to the valve cover, can I do this and let It setup for a day before installing the VC or do I need to install it on the head before the Permatex sets up?

Green Wood Gas Font Rectangle

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Those are some nice spanners you have there on the wall ↑

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Thanks, I like using the radius scanner to tighten the bottom nuts on the exhaust manifold.😊 The # 4 bottom nut needs to be tighten from time to time.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Fun top down drive in my 84 Spider
Lucky you. It snowed here so I worked in the basement trying to soften up some leather seats for my 1990

4001 - 4020 of 4020 Posts