Alfa Romeo Forums banner

3581 - 3599 of 3599 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I did a couple of small job today. I re glue my windshield antenna with the electronic sliver glue and fix a little gap in the windshield antenna too. I hope it holds. Very tight working space.

It looks like it was repair once before. Instead of trying to chip off the old glue it was recommended to add the new sliver glue directly to the old gold glue. When you look at the photo you can see some of the old gold glue stuck to the windshield and the new sliver glue.

The next project was the sun visor. There were machine screw in there when I took it apart. I think it was suppose to me sheet metal screws.

Ken
This morning I remove the wedge I had in place to hold the antenna end and it made a good contact to the glass. In fact the radio reception was the best I ever had it.

Ken

·
Premium Member
3,746 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
It was a beautiful day in San Francisco after work today. The top was down and spider was running great. I had a great ride home.

Ken

·
Registered
30 Posts
I charged the A/C after a year and a half, fixed my LH high beam (broken wire), and replaced my shift boot. Tested the alternator output—13.5v with everything running, even though the gauge shows 10.5. Oh, and I vacuumed the interior and cleaned the top. I don’t drive it much, but it’s nice to get in and go when I want to…

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Got off of work at 8pm today only a couple of cars in the parking garage. They just repaved HWY 101 and it is super smooth. I was cruising at 75 mph and I push down on the fast pedal and peg my 1984 speedo at 85 mph. Not sure how fast I was going. Long story short, there is no better sound then an Alfa running at top speed. This exactly what you are supposed to do with your Alfa Romeo!

Ken

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Removed and bead blasted the air cleaner assembly and clamps, ready for a fresh coat of satin black. Been wanting to do this for ages.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Spider 2.0, Alfa Romeo 166 3.0
157 Posts
Yesterday, I saw a movie named "The little things" with Denzel Washington and there was an Alfa Spider S3 present in many scenes of the movie, also the movie wasn't to bad.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thinking about buying these momo vega wheels, what do you think?

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
are they original 70's vegas or the replicas?
The 70's ones are very sought after for 70's era cars, like GTVs , roundtail spiders etc.

It's certainly a different look on an S4.
They are a lot lighter than the old phonedials (which have to be the heaviest alloys around at nearly 10kg!)
but they are 14" inch, so an inch smaller..........doubt that makes a big difference to the speedo

·
Registered
157 Posts
are they original 70's vegas or the replicas?
The 70's ones are very sought after for 70's era cars, like GTVs , roundtail spiders etc.

It's certainly a different look on an S4.
They are a lot lighter than the old phonedials (which have to be the heaviest alloys around at nearly 10kg!)
but they are 14" inch, so an inch smaller..........doubt that makes a big difference to the speedo
Good question, but the seller had them on a Bertone coupe.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
They are very nice IMHO.. then there is the consideration of how wide they are... Some owners seem to not give that too much traction.. I prefer something around the stock width strictly out of judgement that anything not stock could present surprises on tire selection but no prior experience outside that envelope.

·
Registered
157 Posts
They are very nice IMHO.. then there is the consideration of how wide they are... Some owners seem to not give that too much traction.. I prefer something around the stock width strictly out of judgement that anything not stock could present surprises on tire selection but no prior experience outside that envelope.
I agree with you totally, these are 195/65 R14

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
My car's have 165 on my '72 Super and 185/70 ..'73 Spider. I've had 185/70's on both and decided to switch back to 165 on the Sup from old 185's.. can't tell much difference in the feel..FWIW. They are real close in dimensions... I'm of the school (a minority) that tire size does contribute to the dreaded Burman cracking syndrome.

I've seen some real cool looking wheels FS but they might be 7" wide which I wouldn't find any use for.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My car's have 165 on my '72 Super and 185/70 ..'73 Spider. I've had 185/70's on both and decided to switch back to 165 on the Sup from old 185's.. can't tell much difference in the feel..FWIW. They are real close in dimensions... I'm of the school (a minority) that tire size does contribute to the dreaded Burman cracking syndrome.

I've seen some real cool looking wheels FS but they might be 7" wide which I wouldn't find any use for.
I hear you but the original tires on the S4 are 195/60 15 so the width should be ok!?

3581 - 3599 of 3599 Posts