Alfa Romeo Forums banner

3561 - 3580 of 3599 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Good morning - the Northern California club had a pop up ride yesterday. I personally clock 200 miles and got 23 mpg. We went through a couple of small mountain ranges that require serious skills. In fact some of the members were talking about bottoming out due to the rough roads. My 1984 S3 spider was keeping up with the new Juliet 500hp, C4 and GTVs, but it took all she had. Here are a couple of photos.

Ken

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Over the past couple of weeks I spent some time working on my engine bay. had the valve cover powdercoated and I refurbished he airbox. I finally installed the new OVS and found a much less yellow washer bottle. New plug wires as well. ALFA Engine Bay.jpg

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I did a couple of small job today. I re glue my windshield antenna with the electronic sliver glue and fix a little gap in the windshield antenna too. I hope it holds. Very tight working space.

It looks like it was repair once before. Instead of trying to chip off the old glue it was recommended to add the new sliver glue directly to the old gold glue. When you look at the photo you can see some of the old gold glue stuck to the windshield and the new sliver glue.

The next project was the sun visor. There were machine screw in there when I took it apart. I think it was suppose to me sheet metal screws.

Ken

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Today, I checked out the A/c on one of my spiders. Air coming out of the vents at about 35 degrees F. Car still is not that cool inside. Passable but not great. Still running R-12 and original A/C

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Today, I checked out the A/c on one of my spiders. Air coming out of the vents at about 35 degrees F. Car still is not that cool inside. Passable but not great. Still running R-12 and original A/C
I had an A/C Spider in NJ back in the 90's. The AC was really only good for defogging the windshield. Perhaps if I had a padded top that was any color other than black it could had been able to keep up with the heat from the outside.

Mo in NJ
No AC

3561 - 3580 of 3599 Posts