Alfa Romeo Forums banner

3541 - 3560 of 3599 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Greg, I have never opened an S4 mirror switch (I have though opened and cleaned the round S3 type and posted photos somewhere here on BB in a pdf)

but I do know that you can (well, over here at least) buy an alfa 155 switch (probably never got those in the States?) which is very cheap........the 155 switch has the same innards, only the 'lozenge' shaped bezel is different....difference being the 155 switch has the left/right arrows on the toggle itself, not on the bezel...........also, some 164 MY shared the same

see my old posting on the S4/SZ/164/155 & yes, ferrari(!) switch info
Wanted - Spider 91-94 Series 4 Mirror Switch
Thanks Dom. THey are pretty simple but still don't seem to work. On one of the ones, the circuit board had a burnt trace in it. The other round one clean up nicely but it still does not want to perform. All the pieces are there and look like they should work but.......
Don't know when I will try the S4 style but one day...
Since I am the only Alfa driver, I just set the mirrors where I want them manually for now.
I have owned an XK8 for many years and did not realize the the electric mirrors stopped working because I never needed to change the position. :LOL:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hit all the hinges with WD-40. No more annoying squeaks. Yeah yeah, I know it's not the greatest product of all time to get rid of squeaks, but it's on my shelf and never let me down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I noticed that the 164 & 168 guys have a very active thread about what they've been up to, and I think us Spider guys and gals need to get with the program- so I'm gonna start and see what happens!

Today was a very good day! It was a beautiful warm, clear day in South Florida, and I'm sorry to tell so many of you in the more "Arctic" or "Nordic" places, but it was PERFECT top-down weather!

My Sofia (my Spider's name- still looking for a permanent occupant for that other seat!) was in prime condition, freshly painted, washed and tuned, and I even put the boot on today (it really does add that last dash of class...) so we took a ride along A1A, right along the Atlantic coast, starting in Fort Lauderdale (it's Spring Break Time- although I'm way too old for that :crying2:) where some of the beach crowd took notice of us with waves and smartphone shots, and then headed north, eventually getting into an impromptu group of 3 red convertible sports cars in a semi-caravan. Sadly, my companion's cars were from a certain manufacturer in bratwurstland, but what can you do? For a while I had a modern Maserati convertible in black as my wingman, but I think he was too cool to notice- probably because he was NOT too old for the Spring Break crowd!

Anyway, got stuck in traffic at the beach, and didn't care. Sofia ran like a champ and never threatened to overheat, and my sunblock did it's job keeping me from turning Alfa Rosso myself. :blushing:

Weather is supposed to be great here all this week (that means evening lows in the 70s, daytime highs just below 80°- that's 21-27C for you metric folks) so you may be hearing more from me soon!

Let's hear from you guys and gals!

I remember many years ago driving in a snowstorm in Syracuse NY with the top down so I could get 3 kegs of beer in my old Fiat Spider for a frat party! Any crazy persons (like me) up there in the tundra enjoying a topless winter blast?

Viva i ragni! 👏
Ok I'll bite because I like this thought. what did I do Alfa related? First I must say my Spider like most Alfa models beg to be driven. And she has a name, Marvel fans will get it--Pepper Potts. We have deciphered the color to be Vanilla Ice. Not like the tire rapper. I live 2500 miles NW of Florida in Wyoming. Why and Alfa in Wyoming? Well there are only three of them so far in the state and the other two are Guilias. We have more sunny days than California, and Winters like Illinois/Michigan. Ok back to the point, I drove. I do it daily. Again these car want to be driven, more than any of the other 18 vehicles I've owned. The roads here can rival Switzerland if you know where to go! I agree top down, gloves on, Sorry I have a lovely lady to come along, and it is just awesome to go...nowhere. Honestly dudes, my Porsche 935 Slope nose has almost 6X the power but it is also a cop magnet. And the custom Suburban is for the nights out, well maybe not any more. Tell you what, we can start "Adventures In Pictures"! Photos of your adventures and your Alfa! Thanks for asking. Xzorhn

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
started to search for someone in southeastern Pennsylvania who can install a soft top for my 74 spider

·
Registered
343 Posts
↑ Most auto insurance allows for a tow a couple of times a year. This means that if you find an installation shop that's not close to you, just have your car towed there and let them have it for a couple of days to put on your new top. Then you can either go pick it up or even have it towed back.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
↑ Most auto insurance allows for a tow a couple of times a year. This means that if you find an installation shop that's not close to you, just have your car towed there and let them have it for a couple of days to put on your new top. Then you can either go pick it up or even have it towed back.
Ok the search expands to the tri-state area PA\NJ/Delaware

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ok the search expands to the tri-state area PA\NJ/Delaware

This place is right near my house. I have used them before and they do very nice work. If you decide to use them I can swing by and see how the installation looks before you pick it up. They are in NJ about 15 minutes from the Lincoln Tunnel.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Got her out for a shake down cruise and noticed 24 mpg. Great day here in Buffalo, NY

Still have a minor burble at constant throttle opening, otherwise idles nice and pulls nice

3541 - 3560 of 3599 Posts