Alfa Romeo Forums banner

3481 - 3500 of 3542 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Well, I decided to see why my A/C was not working.
not discharged and when I jumped the relays, it blows fairly cool. Discovered some type of temperature control box under the dash on the passenger side. The plug was in backwards. I turned it around but still no good. I can jumper across terminals on it and all is good but obviously that bypasses the thermistor. Guess they fried it when the plugged it in wrong. Some people should not work on cars. The main control switch was definitely fried. I had a good spare. Guess I need to look for a replacement temperature controller.😩

·
Registered
107 Posts
First AROC-Capital Chapter drive for 2021! The Club organized a 40 mile backroad tour through Montgomery County, MD on Saturday and 21 Alfas turned out. Span ranged from a 17 day purchased Giulia TI to a 1959 Giulietta Spider. Perhaps the most interesting Alfa was a 2005 147 GTA with Diplomatic plates--only in Washington!
We had a range of red Spiders, from a 1750 Duetto to my '93 Spider Veloce. the Burgundy '73 Berlina drew a lot of attention as well.
A completely successful event, and lots of enthusiasm for future drives as Covid relents and vaccination expands. Very respectful masking during the pre-drive gathering, and excitement as our line of 21 Alfas made its way along the rural roads.
Alfa Club Drive 1 4-24-21_LI.jpg Alfa Club Drive 2 4-24-21.jpg Alfa Club Drive 3 4-24-21.jpg Alfa Club Drive 4 4-24-21_LI.jpg Alfa Club Drive 5 4-24-21_LI.jpg

·
Registered
235 Posts
That's cool Ken, where was that? My radiator's in the shop so I'd miss this one either way but I'm looking forward to a ride with you this summer for sure.

C

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Spider 2.0, Alfa Romeo 166 3.0
150 Posts
Finally got around to check the cable for the wipers behind the steering wheel as proposed by Dom and you where right the cable was broken. After soldering it in place my interval wipers now work and they return to their resting position when turning them of. Thanks Dom!

·
Registered
7,601 Posts

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I drove my Green S4 to work yesterday. It's always a good day, when I drive my Alfa to work!

A cool thing happened on the way home. As I was driving through town, a bicyclist rode by on my right (as I was stopped at a light). He turned right, looked back at me and yelled "cool car"!

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I picked up my Longtail Spider in storage this past winter. Drove my GTV 150 miles to central Oregon on the east side of the Cascades. Warm Sunny!! Check all the vitals and turned the key. I still have a mechanical fuel pump so it took a few moments to prime the Weber’s. I drove it around a bit to warm up the fluids and check gauges. Returning to the valley with the majestic Ponderosa Pines and the Three Sisters snow capped peaks in my rear view mirror. The summit on the Cascade Pass is 4900 elevation so it was a brisk drive to the top. 5 th gear all the way and the tach slightly over 4000rpm. The coolant temp held steady at 190 degrees. The view at the summit was spectacular with Mt Washington and Mt Jefferson in the windscreen. The trees were the familiar Douglas Firs found on the west side of the Cascades. The descent down the summit was great as traffic was very light.
35-40 miles into the journey the evidence of the past Summers wildfires began to appear. Speed limit now 40 mph for the next 45 miles as workers were on both sides of the road cutting trees and cleaning up debris.Downed trees cut to truck length lined both sides of the highway. Several stops for flagmen and one way traffic. Towns and homes completely gone from the fires fury. Some evidence of rebuilding and many new tree plantings to replace the damage. It will be several years before the scars are covered.
Once out of the burn area it was back to speed for the somewhat boring trip on I-5.
The Spider was flawless as expected. 50+ years of ownership and I still enjoy being behind the wheel.
cheers Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
1978 Spider Project
51 Posts
Took my starter to a rebuild shop. Solenoid won't even click when the engine is hot, so can't trust it to start after being driven somewhere. Figured best to have the whole thing rebuilt while it's out of the car.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The early S3 83, 84 & 85 are my favorite years. dual pods instruments and electronic fuel injection. They are great looking cars, they are the perfect balance between road feel of the S2 and the road comfort of the S4. They are reliable and best of all, they are truly affordable.

3481 - 3500 of 3542 Posts