Alfa Romeo Forums banner

3401 - 3420 of 3449 Posts

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
I use Continental Motors in Sunnyvale. I have a 84 spider and it requires a star smog. I have Richard at Continental get it smog. I always get a thing or two done at that time too. The running joke is Richard always says to me when I leave the shop - see you in two years. But my car does run great. It is far from being a car show winner but it runs and looks great and I have a lot of fun driving it.

Ken
I like the CoCo mats.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I found a thick, real leather belt that had “shrunk” and fabricated my own straps. They feel way stronger than the factory ones, my top is fitted pretty tight. Hardware store fasteners where one side screws into the other. I had to drill out the hole in the handle just a tad. I used the old strap as a template. Will circle back and stain edges of leather. View attachment 1680718 View attachment 1680719
I like the fix, they look very sturdy!

Ken

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

I took a picture of this Alfa in front of the repair shop a few months ago. I was saddened to see it still in the shop.

Ken

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts

·
Registered
what part?
10,875 Posts
new video... youtube 2.2 ecotec in a alfa romeo spider update

·
Registered
what part?
10,875 Posts
' love ' the driving gloves

·
Registered
32 Posts
The 200,000 mile strong Nord is getting some love and attention. Rebuilding it to as new with streetable performance upgrades.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Today I learned my AAV isn't working. I had already cleaned and tested the AAV: frozen the hole was large, hot (150˚F) it was closed. At room temp there was a small hole so I thought it was fine.

So I thought maybe my CSI was working intermittently as the connector was loose: I cleaned up and tested the connection, tested that it fires when cold but I still had to give it gas to start her up and then she was chugging until warm.

I decided to pull the AAV for the 4th time and bypass it completely. I decided I would simulate a manual AAV via a small set of vise grips. With the bypass installed and no vise grips she started right up but surged like crazy. I quickly I added the vise grip at around 1/2 tight and the idle smoothed right out. I turned it off and tried again with no additional gas and she fired right up... after a few minutes I re-adjusted the vise grips to fully closed and went for a 30 minute ride. She ran really well.

I'm glad I did that test and I suggest anyone with Cold Start or Hot Start issues - try bypassing the AAV to determine if it is in fact No Bueno.

Now all I need is to find a manual heater valve that fits the hoses, make a mount, route the cable into the cabin etc. Anyone have a part number for one they've used?

3401 - 3420 of 3449 Posts