Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2901 - 2920 of 2930 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Removed the SPICA from the Alfa. Not sure what to do with that 80 pounds I took off the car. *includes the smog pump and pullies..etc that are no longer needed.

·
Registered
what part?
10,249 Posts
made stencel for dash defrost vents, and recived electric heater control valve easier to work with than cables
4_Port_Flow.jpg
IMG_20201111_160901_0.jpg
IMG_20201111_160911_3.jpg
700x500-R9d5sQtL43cZX8x342465.jpg

·
Registered
what part?
10,249 Posts
is that a sratch on the nose of you car?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
My wife and I decided to take advantage of a Sunny New Jersey day to go to the beach. As we crossed the Driscoll Bridge on the Garden State Parkway, an early 70s Camaro passed us, and they gave us a honk and an Thumbs up!. As I put my foot down to follow him (Love that v8 sound!) I heard a honk behind me. I thought I cut off someone by mistake.

I was wrong! It was my son driving down from Boston with his girlfriend to a wedding down the shore! I knew he was coming to Jersey, but didn't expect to see him!

Mo in NJ
Does my the back of my head really shine in the sunlight?

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
I feel bad for this Alfa owner. It has been at this repair shop for over a month.

Ken Smith
....sort of place where I'd quietly engage reverse and slowly back out of....
:)
I've been that guy, the first repair shop that my Alfa went into to replace a broken pivot pin for my clutch and I brought in the replacement pivot pin. Took 3 months, the entire summer was lost.

I found another shop after that, they were faster but were crazy expensive. That's what forced me to learn what I could do myself, which wasn't much but it was a start.

Forward 10 years, I knew I needed to adjust my valve lash and nobody in town wanted to do it, even one race shop that I knew could. With the help of this form I did the job myself, still have much to learn but I would never have learn what I did if I didn't have the help from this wonderful form.

Thank you to all that have helped me over these years.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Spider 2.0, Alfa Romeo 166 3.0
125 Posts
The first time I drove my Alfa to my dad's house he was in the garage holding a boom box blasting Little Old Lady from Pasadena. Next he went to his bench and got a tool. Said he was fixing my car. He removed the front plate and bracket then placed them in the trunk under the mat. This year my state allows for a rear plate only. My outlaw days are over. :)
Wow, Susan, you just made me feel older than I am, at least in my music taste. I'm just 55 but still listen to this song and like it. It gives me a topdown feeling when driving my spider.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Spider 2.0, Alfa Romeo 166 3.0
125 Posts
What did you do Alfa Spider related today?

Absolutely nothing and won't be doing for a while since i got stranded in the Dominican Republic after our flight home last Thursday through Paris got canceled because of Corona. Next flight is 1st of December unless they cancel that to, but I'm not complaining, could think of worse places to be stranded in.

·
Registered
what part?
10,249 Posts
cleaned up the panel that hill house my new led tail lamps
IMG_20201117_121430_8.jpg
IMG_20201117_121437_2.jpg
IMG_20201117_121513_1.jpg
IMG_20201117_121454_8.jpg

·
Registered
what part?
10,249 Posts
and i have my FLAME PROOF undies, any a full nomax suit for this one..go ahead..make my day:cool:
IMG_20201117_121954_7.jpg
IMG_20201117_122014_6.jpg

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Went from 0 to 6.850 rpm in under a second, forgot to remove the throttle block when I started the car.

I was checking to see if the #4 intake valve was open after a shut down after a drive, I use an adjustable shower rod to fully open the throttle to inspect through the throttle bodies.

Lucky the engine was fully warmed up.

2901 - 2920 of 2930 Posts