Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2721 - 2740 of 2743 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
1960 lb wet is a significant weight loss. Are you running SCCA Autocross?. What class?

Thank you, yep a whole bunch of mods. She's at 1960 lbs wet and is a solid 10-footer, didn't turn out too bad for a junkyard car with all sorts of rust. More pictures tomorrow, hopefully not on a flatbed 🤣

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Spider 2.0, Alfa Romeo 166 3.0
114 Posts
I’ll do better if you can wait. This weekend the car will be driven by my buddy so I like for it to be presentable, no loose bits and piece. I’ll take the unit out after, check and provide you with the information.
Does it sound like a plan?
Wow MarkCan, I can wait, I mean it's been like this for years so no hurry, just don't spend to much time on it, I mean we all have limited time.
Thanks again, Martin

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, my Alfa Spider related activities this summer of Covid were spread over about 7 weeks, not just one day. Since we're not traveling this year my wife decided that we should spruce up the garage with an Alfa theme. So, over the last 7 weeks we:
  1. Cleared everything out and cleaned the space
  2. Professionally installed a 4 coat epoxy floor
  3. Painted the entire garage, including two "Alfa Rosso" accent walls (Behr Professional Dark Crimson)
  4. Installed a rubber baseboard
  5. Installed a 12 piece NewAge set of garage cabinets (from Costco)
  6. Installed new lights
  7. Installed 3 areas of ProSlat slatwall for cleaning and garden tool organization
  8. Decorated the space with Alfa and US Navy (I'm a retired USN Captain) themed items
All in all, I think it came out pretty nice.

Bob J.

Attachments

·
Registered
1985 Alfa Spider Graduate
4 Posts
Bob,

That garage is fantastic. I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit jealous of that setup. Nice work there man.

·
Registered
1991 Alfa Spider Veloce
84 Posts
I looked at the A/C system and got the question;
On the 91 S4 with A/C, can the compressor be temporarily bypassed with the use of a shorter belt?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unburied it. In my defense it has never been outside during my ownership, and not only is it on the West Coast, but I keep it parked furthest from the laundry room to limit exposure to moisture.👍
Dash, jambs, floors, trunk, under hood and under trunk still wearing original “Grigio” finish, not to be confused with “Grigio Metallizatto” which I would call silver. Looks like someone hit the engine compartment itself with the VHT rattle can at some point. Check the wiring harness housings though. That looks OG to me. I have seen some pretty expensive cars with electrical tape...🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well, my Alfa Spider related activities this summer of Covid were spread over about 7 weeks, not just one day. Since we're not traveling this year my wife decided that we should spruce up the garage with an Alfa theme. So, over the last 7 weeks we:
  3. Painted the entire garage, including two "Alfa Rosso" accent walls (Behr Professional Dark Crimson)
  6. Installed new lights
  7. Installed 3 areas of ProSlat slatwall for cleaning and garden tool organization
  8. Decorated the space with Alfa and US Navy (I'm a retired USN Captain) themed items

Bob J.
Wow, very impressive and i must admit I'm a bit jealous, great job!

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
  6. Installed new lights

Bob J.
How will you ever get any work done in there? Its far too clean ! Looks like a great place to hang out and watch the Stanley Cup games tho!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
90 mile drive on the back roads of central/northern Maryland from Annapolis to the Antrim 1844 Inn in Taneytown, MD. Temps in the low 70's perfect for top down driving. Just a little haze in the sky from the west coast fires. Spider ran great, and made a new friend at the Inn where we found a '63 Austin Healey Mk. II!
Antrim 1.jpg Antrim 2.jpg Austin Healey Mk II_LI.jpg

·
Registered
814 Posts
Ok Spider fans, I posted this on the Shop Talk and I got 50 views and not one reply! I am returning to my favorit form.

To all,
It is time to replace my 1980s Trolley Floor Jack. It leaks and I have to keep filling it up. I would repair it but it does not fit under the oil pan. I am want some recommendation for a long, low profile Trolley Floor Jack. Since I am a home mechanic I do not need the top of the line. I want to balance out cost and weight into my search. Not that I am putting in the back of my truck but a couple times a year at that, but when I do I do not want to lift a 70 lbs jack! Any thought and recommendation on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

·
Registered
114 Posts
Put my newly built oil vapour separator in. I used a chunk of old V6 timing belt that I shaved the teeth off of to make it fit in the existing clamp.
I assume the oil vapour doesn't go back into the intake as on my S4? Thinking of redoing mine, where does it end?

·
Registered
814 Posts

What a way to start my work day. I park at Japan town in SF. Have a nice Alfa day! PS free ways at 6am are open and you are able to open it up.

Ken Smith

2721 - 2740 of 2743 Posts