Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2601 - 2620 of 2628 Posts

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Did some tinkering on the spica spider today, put an Ansa tailpipe on. This turned out to be fairly straight forward, out with the old, in with the new.
While I was under there I noticed that my right side ebrake cable to the axle end was rubbing on the black ebrake cable to the handle, so I rerouted the one to the axle end inboard of the black one to the handle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,794 Posts
The cable to the handle shouldn't be between the sway bar drop link and the axle.

Reactions: spiderserie4

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
More tinkering on the spica spider, I had put an msd blaster coil in a couple months ago in the original location. Then I read on here about that coil preferring to be vertical instead of horizontal, so did my best today to do that. I did so so, didn’t real want to get into making wiring changes, so tipped it mostly up.
I also rerouted my handbrake cable, also pointed out to me here. Jobs done, this called for a test drive!....
I was reminded by the car that there is a subtle clicking/whiring at speed. When I got back I decided to put some grease in the joint between the speedo cable and speedo. Not being able to remember from the last time how the pinnacle comes off, I pulled the steering column covers off, and the steering wheel for that. Made repairing my broken turn signal return spring easier....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
My converter let loose last week, only ~4yrs old. It was a Magnaflow from Summit Racing, the same setup for sale at Centerline, etc. Looks like it had taken a hit at some point, and slowly broke apart inside. She's running much better now- I bought another Magnaflow but a standalone with out the down pipe for $94 or so, and had it welded inline. The damaged one was a little plugged up as you could imagine, but it wasn't black inside; it was grey.

She's louder, too. Not excited about it since I already have a stinger, but I'm still not going back to stock.

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,162 Posts
Magnaflows typically have a lifetime warranty against media breakage, at least the one I bought did.

·
Registered
747 Posts
@NEROSPIDER Agreed!! Thank you.

I had a '71 GTV from 1991-95 and pulled the Daytonas from that car. I recall a neighbor (owner of Mr. Auto Parts in Torrance/Redondo Beach) having them on his '74 Spider and, as you stated, were just PERFECT. His car was the inspiration for the look of mine (albeit mine is an '86). Along with the wheels, the suspension has been modified which resulted in it being lower by about 1".

·
Registered
730 Posts

So I get it just about every Spider on the planet has Campagnolo on them. The Daytona’s look great, how much lighter are the Daytona’s or is it about style?

Ken Smith

·
Registered
747 Posts
It's all in the eye of the beholder. The Cromodora Daytona CD35 is about 12 lbs. I was inspired and liked the look of the neighbor's Spider, so, when I had a chance to put the Daytonas on my Spider, it was a no-brainer. (So, in a warped sense of reasoning, I bought the GTV for the wheels o_O.)

(They looked great on the GTV, but, at the time - 1995 - the GTV had Webers and I live in California, so I was unable to have/get the car smogged legally. Therefore, the GTV was sold to a guy in Northern California so he could deal with the headache.)

·
Registered
47 Posts
D6D55BB5-8831-45C0-8D66-D311F9B60228.jpeg
Steven: my roommate in college had a Black 240Z with CD35 seared into my memory as a mini Ferrari Daytona! I’ve had my own Zs and scored a set of Datsun spec CD35 that I’ve hoarded for years- now I’ve found a 4 lug adapter so I can mount my Z CDs on my S4! As to Ken’s question: the Five Star Daytona spokes fill up the rim and overlap the outer lip creating an almost 15” killer profile. In my opinion, Alfa Factory should have launched the S3 with Daytona’s!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Finished the head swap on my spider and ran it up to Temps. Quick blast around the neighborhood to make sure it advanced and pulled okay.

Oil change and then a full road test to come this weekend.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Those in the picture are original. I would check out Classic Alfa or Centerline.

2601 - 2620 of 2628 Posts