Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2581 - 2600 of 2627 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi Bjorn, Did you do the rebuild or was it done by the PO?

What was done?
total rebuild by PO, then he drove it 500 miles before I bought it...I had oil consumption problems first so at +_ 3000 miles engine was disassembled, re assembled by ALFA mechanic...
he checked bearings etc, looked brand new, of course they were...it was changed to Dellortos from SPICA about 20 yrs ago....forget what he did to it...but slight upgrade at the time he said...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Stopped the leak in my OVS...I hope. Now I’ve got to figure out if the upper or lower 1/4 inch line goes to the oil sump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Spider 2.0, Alfa Romeo 166 3.0
94 Posts
That is one really clean engine

Ken Smith
Thanks Ken, I'm adding a pic of the inside of the hood so you can see what it looked like when Alfa delivered them from the factory. The stickers I mean, except for the Slick50 which I added myself. As you can see the technicians adding the stickers probably had a couple of bottles of wine before putting them on as none of them is straight, nor are they glued with the same angle.

IMG_9938.JPG

·
Registered
973 Posts
total rebuild by PO, then he drove it 500 miles before I bought it...I had oil consumption problems first so at +_ 3000 miles engine was disassembled, re assembled by ALFA mechanic...
he checked bearings etc, looked brand new, of course they were...it was changed to Dellortos from SPICA about 20 yrs ago....forget what he did to it...but slight upgrade at the time he said...
Frank... I got a notice saying you replied somewhere else? but cannot find it anymore...my home computer is messed up, so I can only access Alfa BB from office at the time...tried to see how I could send PM, but I cannot find that...

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi Bjorn, Did you do the rebuild or was it done by the PO?

What was done?
Frank... I got a notice saying you replied somewhere else? but cannot find it anymore...my home computer is messed up, so I can only access Alfa BB from office at the time...tried to see how I could send PM, but I cannot find that...

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,162 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,162 Posts
Just did some maintenance checks at my 1000 miles since rebuild... I can now work on the few little body dings and get ready for the Rosso Competizione wrap....

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
That hood stripe is growing on me.

Reactions: SkiBum

·
Registered
1978 Spider Project
8 Posts
Finishing up a stopgap project to deal with the spare wheel well's rust from a spilled battery in ages past. After removing loose rust, I decided to try using a rattle can of Rust-Oleum Rust Reformer (a couple days ago), then painted gloss enamel white this morning. I'll paint the second coat sometime next week.

Ready to go:

Rust Reformer sprayed (the white spot is where it got too thick so I wiped it off):

White paint:

That will help until if/when I have the car repainted someday and replace the wheel well entirely with a new panel.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
drove mine a lot today. Tuning the Webers with a digital air/fuel ratio gauge.

2581 - 2600 of 2627 Posts