Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2101 - 2120 of 2183 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Designed and made a prototype of a mount to mount my rear brembos calipers,and getting ready to cut and section the down pipe , I only have about 3.5" of room, cutting exhaust pipe to get the down pipe done, they are 4 into 2, flange then 2 into flex joint, flange then into 3" diameter system. The inner one is ok. The lower one it the work to be done
IMG_3945__78722.1420574943.1280.1280.jpeg
IMG_20200313_233021_3.jpg
IMG_20200313_233031_1.jpg

·
Registered
689 Posts
The are still red, everyone know that red is faster for brakes🙄🙄 but the Porsche decals have been replaced with proper Alfa Romeo decals

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
I will post a link to the ad when it goes live. There will be over 50 photos and a short video of the car running. I tried to sell it on here and no takers.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
23 Posts
I completed all of my radiator repairs with a spirited test drive and wash to get all of the finger prints off. The Green Hill Earth tour is coming up next week and Alfa Romeo Black is read to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a top notch Alfa, I'm hoping mine will look as pristine. I've got a long way to go.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just finished replacing all the coil road springs, got them from CA. I used standard, not lowered, as they will suit my use better. Whilst I had the car in the air I took the opportunity to spray the inside of the sills with Waxoil.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thats a Junior isnt it? Same as mine, except mine now has a 2000 engine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It is a Portuguese national car so I don't know whether they classed them as Junior. It is 1973 Series 2 originally yellow but resprayed red by previous owner. Was in a museum so only done 23000 kms. I have had it detailed but everything is original except for door mirror and I guess canvas hood as that is in really good condition so I guess not 47 years old!

·
Registered
268 Posts
PS mine still has the 1600cc engine but fast enough for Portuguese roads!!!
It has a flat metal dashboard and the 1/4 lights dont open? Then its a Junior.

·
Registered
15 Posts
correct it has both. Not called a Junior on the ownership paperwork but your description meets the spec of the car. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Today (Sunday), I bought a new sibling for my older Spiders. I got a 1992 Spider Veloce (only 28 years old) in Green with black top and tan interior. The new baby doesn't drive angry like his three older sisters (49, 47 and 46 year olds). She does however outperform her 40 year old sister who doesn't breathe very well. She feels a lot like her 37 year old sister, except for a 28 year old, she's very civilized. Please help us welcome our new Spider.

1584356025342.png

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
welcome to S4 ownership:)
Great everyday top down cars and very reliable once you give things the once over (as you will need to!... as not all alfa romeo PO's/previous owners are enthusiast owners)
nice color too.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Green Hill Run

The Green Hill Earth tour was real fun. The weather was really wet in fact at some point we had quarter size rain drops. We had a whole bunch of modern Alfa’s and other makes on the run. My 84 spider was no match for the new high tech cars. They accelerated faster, handled the the turns faster and probably was a little more comfortable. My wife and I really enjoyed our classic ride. There is nothing like going fast in a slow car!

·
Registered
86 Veloce
762 Posts
Got the console back together after the tranny swap. Replaced the torn shift boot with one that matches the seats... shift knob too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
23 Posts
Got the console back together after the tranny swap. Replaced the torn shift boot with one that matches the seats... shift knob too.
Very
Very nice looking, glad to see these picts as the interior on mine is a disaster area, gives me hope knowing this is the reward in the end.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Today I adjusted and balanced the carbs, needed to be done since I replaced the rubber carb mounts a few months ago. Then I installed my new stinger pipe. Can't wait to get her out for a drive when the salt sand and snow has finally gone!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Left work at 3:30 and drove out to the Ocean beach San Francisco. I passed be the Cliff House and what a view today. Oh yea we are to shelter in place while the beach was packed lots of people. Here’s a little video for your enjoyment.
Be safe wash your hands don’t touch your face and step away from anybody coughing!

2101 - 2120 of 2183 Posts