Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2021 - 2040 of 2070 Posts

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Thanks all for the clarification.

Regarding the headlight relay kit, where can i buy it?

If I understand it correctly i would need a total of 4 relays for the 2 headlights, right?
daniel stern lighting do a kit
2 relays (one for high beam one for low beam)
lots of threads on BB if you search headlight relays

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Today, I finally got 'round to installing a new negative battery cable, which I connected to a new battery shut-off terminal on negative post. Battery (4 yrs old) showed only 5 amps, and had evidence of leakage, so it was replaced at the same time. A chap on Fleabay made up a custom cable with heatshrink applied to the terminals at either end - looks quite smart now !

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Was just going to change out the serpentine belt to a non a/c belt since the idler was getting noisey and I haven't had a/c since the build in 2007 but decided I better do the alternator belt too, glad I did.

Thought it would last more then 13 years?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

·
Registered
533 Posts
First drive since last spring... Off to the paint shop finally... Well, most of it is anyway
DSC_1778.jpg
DSC_1760.jpg
DSC_1771.jpg
IMG-20200125-WA0001.jpg
DSC_1777.jpg

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
657 Posts
Finished installing the front suspension upgrades from Alfaholics. I think I will start the rear AFTER THE SUPERBOWL!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I noticed that the 164 & 168 guys have a very active thread about what they've been up to, and I think us Spider guys and gals need to get with the program- so I'm gonna start and see what happens!

Today was a very good day! It was a beautiful warm, clear day in South Florida, and I'm sorry to tell so many of you in the more "Arctic" or "Nordic" places, but it was PERFECT top-down weather!

My Sofia (my Spider's name- still looking for a permanent occupant for that other seat!) was in prime condition, freshly painted, washed and tuned, and I even put the boot on today (it really does add that last dash of class...) so we took a ride along A1A, right along the Atlantic coast, starting in Fort Lauderdale (it's Spring Break Time- although I'm way too old for that :crying2:) where some of the beach crowd took notice of us with waves and smartphone shots, and then headed north, eventually getting into an impromptu group of 3 red convertible sports cars in a semi-caravan. Sadly, my companion's cars were from a certain manufacturer in bratwurstland, but what can you do? For a while I had a modern Maserati convertible in black as my wingman, but I think he was too cool to notice- probably because he was NOT too old for the Spring Break crowd!

Anyway, got stuck in traffic at the beach, and didn't care. Sofia ran like a champ and never threatened to overheat, and my sunblock did it's job keeping me from turning Alfa Rosso myself. :blushing:

Weather is supposed to be great here all this week (that means evening lows in the 70s, daytime highs just below 80°- that's 21-27C for you metric folks) so you may be hearing more from me soon!

Let's hear from you guys and gals!

I remember many years ago driving in a snowstorm in Syracuse NY with the top down so I could get 3 kegs of beer in my old Fiat Spider for a frat party! Any crazy persons (like me) up there in the tundra enjoying a topless winter blast?

Viva i ragni! 👏
Researched sources for alternate seats vs new OEM style reupholstering for my spider

·
Registered
7,014 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
On Friday my wife and I got out a couple of glasses and a bottle of Prosecco to toast my Spider on it's 46th birthday Now, I'm not sure what date one would count as my Alfa's birthday, but I decided to count it as the day it entered my life. On 31 January 1973, as a senior and Midshipman 1st Class at the University of MIchigan NROTC Unit I drove my brand new 1973 Alfa Spider off of the lot. I hadn't driven a lot of manual transmission cars by this point so my goal was to not burn out the clutch before I got commissioned as an Ensign in June and got a paycheck. As it turns out, the OEM clutch still works fine. So, fast forward 46 years and we had a little ceremony to mark my Spiders 46 years under my care. It 's not "pristine" but it looks great and runs even better.

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
On Friday my wife and I got out a couple of glasses and a bottle of Prosecco to toast my Spider on it's 46th birthday Now, I'm not sure what date one would count as my Alfa's birthday, but I decided to count it as the day it entered my life. On 31 January 1973, as a senior and Midshipman 1st Class at the University of MIchigan NROTC Unit I drove my brand new 1973 Alfa Spider off of the lot. I hadn't driven a lot of manual transmission cars by this point so my goal was to not burn out the clutch before I got commissioned as an Ensign in June and got a paycheck. As it turns out, the OEM clutch still works fine. So, fast forward 46 years and we had a little ceremony to mark my Spiders 46 years under my care. It 's not "pristine" but it looks great and runs even better.
Nice story

1993 Spider Veloce
2016 4c Coupe
2018 4c Spider

·
Registered
285 Posts
Congratulations To both you and the Alfa!
Doug

·
Registered
657 Posts
Just ordered the last few things I need (yeah, right...) to get the new engine and tranny installed. Im thinking by the end of March everything but the trip to the paint booth will be done. hopefully I will be ready for Kool April Nites!

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
Thank you! The cap was made by a fellow member who makes them and ships them out of Australia. I added the front grill badge.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have been away for about 6 months - don't recognize the place. Started my car for the first time in 6 months today (head hangin in shame). Time to tune up and get ready for the road. Work is finally letting up....

2021 - 2040 of 2070 Posts