Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Finally got mine running reliably after sitting since last fall! Drove about 50 miles today and picked up right where it left off! So happy to have it back.

In troubleshooting the issue I did an oil change, soldered new battery terminals, cleaned grounds, removed the alternator for bench testing, and replaced the airbox intake hose and tubes. Did I forget anything?

Well turns out it all it really needed was a new battery and a top off of new gas.

Ah well...learned a lot at least :cool:

· Registered
32 Posts
I changed out the main fuel filter in the engine bay. Followed the advice of others on the board to remove it first. Was a bit tricky to understand, but figured it out after some trial and error. It was a long overdue job - the old filter said made in West Germany.

While the airbox was out I decided to clean up the electrical connections on the SPICA pump, but ended up breaking the spade terminal for the fuel cutoff solenoid. Does anybody have any tips for fixing this or sourcing the part?

· Registered
32 Posts
I finalized my intake and exhaust conversion to pre-emissions spec. Found a used early style airbox and exhaust manifold. Replaced the rusted front and middle exhaust sections with new pieces and reused the stinger pipe.

I’m really happy with the improvements. Acceleration seems peppier and I’m noticing way less backfiring. Before this job, the exhaust leak made it unbearable to drive with the top up. Still smells a bit, but I’m thinking the SPICA is set way too rich.

I’m fortunate enough to live close to an Alfa mechanic so I’ll get an tuneup and deal with some nagging fluid leaks after the new year.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Sky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts