I got inspired to go find, what turned out to be my paper from Elvira at Alfa about the birth of my 77. I did find it in the end, two hours later. Turns out it was mailed in 97 and not emailed... I had sent in a fax request.
Today on the 115 spider was cleaning the steering box and putting oil in it. I was going to take the front springs out and see if there were spacers that could be removed but I bailed on that, didn't see any hints at all that there were spacers down underneath the rubber isolators.... Then I got distracted with Spica tuning which started off innocently enough with flipping some clamps for the collars between the airbox and intake as it looked like a couple were rubbing on the rigid fuel lines. Which lead to a total redo of everything.... End result was only a half turn change on the FCS... Time now for some carrot cake.
Today the 115 spider got a rip around the block... Had to do a test drive after the latest spica reset and other tuning work the last couple days. It was a nice ride, top down, ripping through the gears. I think that's the first time that car has done a burn out from a stop sign in years, mind you it does have really old RA1's on it. Love the smell of a Hot engine. Brakes too for that matter but I didn't get there with those today.
Nothing too exciting,.. reassembled the right side vent window frame back into the door after changing the vent window gasket. Then went around and put the battery charger on all the various batteries around the shop, 8 of those. I will glue the window latches on when it’s warmer. I keep the shop at around 3 (about 37 for you ‘muricans) in the winter.
Changed the Spica front fuel with a Baldwin BF825 and checked fuel pressure. Discovered at the same time my short rod was a half turn too long so adjusted that which allowed me to back out the idle tube chokey thing. Finally got a test drive of new 195/65/14 Vredestein Sportrac 5, quite happy with that.
Finished those items off. Along the way discovered that the spade connector on the bottom of my inertia switch would sometimes loose connection inside if I wiggled the wire just so. I took that apart to investigate, ending up soldering that joint.