Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· Registered
3,257 Posts
When I stripped it, it turned out to be a aluminum "puck" in the center of the spring. I assume the upper rubber bump stop hits it. Attaches with a single bolt through the bottom of the spring pan. Is this unusual?

· Registered
3,257 Posts
Wow, that is complicated, and actually very interesting in my opinion. I've always wondered why they ruined E-types and similar with the giant sticker on the nose. One could fabricate a small alum (al loo MIN ee um??) backer frame with "arms" or tabs that reach up into the lower body somewhere, so that the registration plate hangs low and in front of the bodywork. Yours is perfectly acceptable!

We are handed a metal rectangle by the County counter person for front and back, with month & year stickers on the back one. Many states don't care about the front one and it isn't necessary.

Thanks!

· Registered
3,257 Posts
I like a nice chocolate! Put the chrome euro bumpers on there and Bob's your uncle!

And Mr Siert, I always admire your shiny shiny engine! Remind us, which intake manifold did you use?

· Registered
3,257 Posts
The natural alum spokes are nice - like a Duetto! As long as they don't blind you at inopportune times!

Saturday I drove my friend's '75 Spider to our little C&C at the market, so he could drive his '67 911. Fun to drive a torquey 2 liter, and it has an Alfaholics fast road suspension. Funny, I met this car 20 years ago at my new neighbors, and I've know all three owners as it sold. Solid car. Webers.

We had Morgans, a '59 356, two E-types, a bug-eye Sprite, A '67 Austin-Healey, '67 911, and a '49 farm Jeep. A tiny but sweet collection.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Regularity rally Classic car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Sports car

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive exterior

So, on mine?......uhh...I started dragging out all the boxes to inventory what new parts I have stored......

Coil spring Yellow Suspension part Suspension Auto part

<EDIT>...wow, these are big pictures, oop! I shrunk them down a lot already.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts